Which cars can you transplant these motors?(pics)

sabersaw30

I freaking wrecked my car yesterday know I need some help.What would be a light car or truck to drop this motor and trans down in?Trying to find something that I don't have to fab up to much to make it work.My mom wants to give me her 86 monte carlo but I was kinda wanting something lighter.It could probably be fixed but I could make more money parting it out.

Attachments

• DSC00767.jpg
    DSC00767.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 753
  • DSC00765.jpg
    DSC00765.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 750
  • DSC00766.jpg
    DSC00766.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 741
something "light" :p

Attachments

• MayZ1.JPG
    MayZ1.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 723
  • Mazda2.jpg
    Mazda2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 738
Just a quick question....did you have the steel inner bumper supports behind the bumpers on that car or did you have them removed?

I would take $5000 just the way it sits I know that is high but I have A brand new $2000 trans and the motor has ported heads and nice 204 214 cam.The only bad thing has a stock turbo on it.

How light do you want to go?

I've heard of people dropping these engines into fox body Mustangs (1979-1993)

I believe someone on here dropped one into a 1966-67 Chevy II/Nova. They weigh under 3100 lbs when equipped with a 327, the biggest V8 then. The 1962-65 models weighed even less.

How light do you want to go?

I've heard of people dropping these engines into fox body Mustangs (1979-1993)

I believe someone on here dropped one into a 1966-67 Chevy II/Nova. They weigh under 3100 lbs when equipped with a 327, the biggest V8 then. The 1962-65 models weighed even less.
That would be sweet to put it in a old cop mustang the little coupe.How much fab work would that consist of?

Sorry to hear and see what happened. You should check out the hybrid section of the site. Lots of examples there.

HYBRIDS - TurboBuick.Com

Sounds like the Monte deal might be the easiest way out for you at this point. Did you have decent insurance on the car?

See if you can find an early 70's datsun 240z. With an LC2 swap it should weigh about 2600lbs. I've driven a few with small blocks and never seen a car hook like that on the street. The stock rearend is strong enough to go well into the 9's, also.

Has anyone transplanted a Buick 3.8 turbo engine into a 70- 77 Ford Maverick/Merc Comet?
Can it be done w/o alot of surgery to make it fit? I think these cars around 3,000 lbs. or less Could be quite a sleeper.

Sorry to hear you wrecked, but it looks like you ran off the road? It doesn't look to bad and you should be able to fix it if you want. There's lots of options on what you can put the engine into from a T bucket on up. The monte would be easiest though. Good luck.

Has anyone transplanted a Buick 3.8 turbo engine into a 70- 77 Ford Maverick/Merc Comet?
Can it be done w/o alot of surgery to make it fit? I think these cars around 3,000 lbs. or less Could be quite a sleeper.

I had the same idea, I just looked at one for sale a couple of weeks ago. :eek:
6 cyl., but interestingly had a 9" rear (factory).
Would take alot to do, but if you can put one in an RX-7....

It would certainly make a Nice little sleeper :biggrin:

For me though, too many projects already ;)

See if you can find an early 70's datsun 240z. With an LC2 swap it should weigh about 2600lbs. I've driven a few with small blocks and never seen a car hook like that on the street. The stock rearend is strong enough to go well into the 9's, also.
agreed