You can type here any text you want

Which turbo to upgrade to

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ponyetr

Hey all,

I'm having a real hard time deciding what turbo to go with. My engines been rebuilt and bored .030 over. I have ported heads and intake. Have 3 bolt TA headers and a Houston down pipe. Just not sure what turbo I should go with.

What turbo are you running now?

x2 on the converter? and more importantly what about the fuel system?

I would like to get about 425-450, possibly 500 down the road
If your talking fly wheel Hp and a 12" converter.. you will be more the happy with a Ta49 and its characteristics.

If the converter is stock or near stock stall, I would contact (Bison) staff member. A TA49 or 5931 would go well with 42 injectors and stock to mild converter.

I would also recommend an Alkycontrol kit.

If your talking fly wheel Hp and a 12" converter.. you will be more the happy with a Ta49 and its characteristics.

Agree. A good 12" (2800-3000) will get you there. I've taking a Neal Chance LU 12" to 11.12 at 124.xx

Thanks for all your input. Looks like the TA49 is the one for me. Thanks again, much appreciated!!

May want to consider a billet 5858 or equivalent. Bison builds to spool fast.

Also ask Bison, What if I plan on growing a little further. My mom used to buy my clothes a little loose for me when I was a kid. Just in case you want to go a little further later on. You have ported heads and intake? TA headers?

Some bigger injectors, pump, alky, front mount, and a little more converter..............Now your getting somewhere fast.

Back