Which Wideband is compatible with Translator Gen II ?

When I ran a gen 2 I used an aem. Not one issue. It worked great.
YeAh that's pretty much where I'm going. After talking to some here it seems to be a favorite. I'm going to try the Fail Safe boost and AFR gauge. Thanks

The Aem failsafe gauge has a different output curve than the original Aem gauge. It's the same output as the Aem Inline wb. Some of the Gen2 software versions do not have that option, so you'll need to confirm that. In any case, the Gen2 can be reprogrammed for it.

The Aem failsafe gauge has a different output curve than the original Aem gauge. It's the same output as the Aem Inline wb. Some of the Gen2 software versions do not have that option, so you'll need to confirm that. In any case, the Gen2 can be reprogrammed for it.
Eric thank you so much for that heads up. I do have an older version of the Gen 1.02. Is this one upgrade able?
Have your chips and just recommended you to a newbie.
Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, it needs to be upgraded to at least version 1.34.
Do you have a preference for a fuel / boost correcting wideband that works with Gen2 and PowerLogger ?
The Fail Safe is pricey but if it's accurate then that's fine. I was also looking at the newer Innovate that does similar function. I think they call it Solenoid Boost Controller SCG-1. And Wideband Gauge.

I like the PLX and AEM widebands if using pump gas. For race fuel, I would use NGK. Pretty much any of the popular widebands will work the Gen2 or Powerlogger.

Yes, it needs to be upgraded to at least version 1.34.
Good info, i'm researching the same issue. How do i go about updating my translator to the new version? Also, how would i verify what version mine is? Thanks in advance guys... this forum is awesome!