Who builds the better TH200-4R?

DonutGuard

Hi guys, new to the forum. I was planning on rebuilding a 200-4R for my Buick Century Wagon, and thought I'd venture a question. I've had no luck so far finding a good core for my build that's within a reasonable distance or shipping cost, and if I can't find one soon, I may consider buying a built unit from either Extreme Automatics, or California Performance Transmissions.

My question is, what is the general consensus between these two companies? I know CPT has a lot of exposure through Overhaulin', Car Craft, and Hot Rod... but a lot of people I've talked to on forums seem to swear by EA.

i would stick with someone who specializes in the 2004r , like Vince Janis in Akron,OH or Lonnie Diers in cincinnatti,oh. can't go wrong with either one

Put it this way I have Lonnie, EA bringing me 4 trannys. we ordered them 2 weeks ago & they are all sold before they got here. If you need cores we have cores. I'm sending 5 more back with Lonnie tomorrow. Customer service from him is tough to beat. he is actually bringing back a Moon roof GN I purchased out there as well.
Yes, Arnol, Mike K, Glenn C, & Chris C your trans will be in tomorrow.

LONNIE !! THE GUY WOULD CRAWL THRU BAT CHIT TO MAKE SURE YOUR TRANS IS WHAT YOU WANT .. I LOVE MINE .. BROKE ALOT OF OTHERS NOT EVEN TRYING ..E.A. FOR SURE .

Since you're from Conn., maybe you should check out CK Performance on L.I. which is pretty close to you.
Lots of good transmission builders that support this site, and Chris is one of them.

Another vote for Lonnie at Extreme Automatics. Great guy to deal with, warranty on the tranny, rebuilds for $350.00. How can you beat that?

Bryan

I've got plenty of cores in CT if you're in need.

I've got plenty of cores in CT if you're in need.
What is the price you're asking for cores?

Also, thanks everybody for the recommendations. Word of mouth advertising is worth more than all the magazine and TV spots money can buy!

What is the price you're asking for cores?

Also, thanks everybody for the recommendations. Word of mouth advertising is worth more than all the magazine and TV spots money can buy!
$350 for the high performance ones.