Who can I trust? I need a Buick repairman

scrobbyd

All right guys, after a long try I'm ready to pass this on to someone I can trust. I've been fighting with my car since December with one challenge after another putting everything together. I let Conrads Racing out of Houston Tx due my engine work. Conrads suggested I go with a copped head gasket setup with receiving grooves cut in both motor and heads. But after retorquing heads, I think heads are still lifting somewhat at WOT. Because at WOT it was fluttering a little less since retorquing. Plus before retorquing I would rev the engine and spots of water were coming out the exhaust and it is still misting water somewhat but not near as bad. Plus ideal oil pressure is at about 7 to 8 lbs. Now I'm just ready to find someone within a few hundred mile radious that I can trust to get my car running like it should. I'm located in Lake Charles LA, about 150 miles from Houston, 200 miles from New Orleans and maybe 300 from Shreveport. If anybody knows where I can bring it to get it running like a GN should run, please advise. I just want the same piece of mind that I now have with my tranny that Brian Hofer just built for me. I hate to say this but I'm just loosing my will to work on it anymore without driving it anymore than I have been. I may as well sell it but I know I will regret it, but I'm just tired of jacking with it. After all it been right at 8 months and I've been real persistant not to mention dam near a divorce because of the amount of $$$$ that I've spent. By now I was hoping to have to replace my Nittos with some MT Et's at least that is what I was told I should expect withe the amount of mods I have.

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your troubles.
The shops I have used in Houston are Westside Performance (Formerly J&K), and G&G.
I know for sure G&G build a few S2 engines with good results.
Not sure what your plans are going forward but through I'd share some info.
Lots of good engine builders on the board as well. :cool:

PM V8ASSASIN on the board or some of the other La guys to help lead ypu in the right direction.

His name is Adam.

Ty

Randy Alexander is down in your neck of the woods I believe. southernboost is his s/n here.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.
The shops I have used in Houston are Westside Performance (Formerly J&K), and G&G.
I know for sure G&G build a few S2 engines with good results.
Not sure what your plans are going forward but through I'd share some info.
Lots of good engine builders on the board as well. :cool:

I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" however I spent a little over $4000 with Conrads and that was with me dropping off the motor to his shop. Therefore I'm not looking to spend what a racing shop is going to charge. Not to mention how well do they know our cars? Conrads had done quite a bit of Conleys back in the day. I would just like to find a good ole boy with the same passion/knowledge for our cars as some of the board members have, and bring it him and DROP it off. But have piece of mind knowing that things are right. I'm not really wanting to remove valve covers again, much less an engine or heads.

Thanks again

You saw the the auto shop next door to me when you came to my cleaners. His name is Robert. He has a 10 second GN. He has been working/racing/tuning these cars since 1986. He taught me how to work on them. Best troubleshooter in LAfayette. A guy dropped off his GN last year from Biloxi, MS and he fixed it. CAll me.

Ed

I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" however I spent a little over $4000 with Conrads and that was with me dropping off the motor to his shop. Therefore I'm not looking to spend what a racing shop is going to charge. Not to mention how well do they know our cars? Conrads had done quite a bit of Conleys back in the day. I would just like to find a good ole boy with the same passion/knowledge for our cars as some of the board members have, and bring it him and DROP it off. But have piece of mind knowing that things are right. I'm not really wanting to remove valve covers again, much less an engine or heads.

Thanks again

Man, I know the feeling.
Good luck.

What am I? Chop liver?

Robby..... Your having all these thoughts and you didnt call me?? I think that Conrads did you wrong on the copper headgaskets and your bearing clearances. He also didnt port you oil passages or set up the oil pump like it needs to be. What do you mean "fluttering" at WOT? I will give you a call tonight from work.

Robby..... Your having all these thoughts and you didnt call me?? I think that Conrads did you wrong on the copper headgaskets and your bearing clearances. He also didnt port you oil passages or set up the oil pump like it needs to be. What do you mean "fluttering" at WOT? I will give you a call tonight from work.

Jeremy I agree on the oil pump not be set up right also. When he came to my house a couple months back his oil pressure never did build up right. I gave him some higher pressure springs from my kit and he changed it but it did not fix the problem.

Yeah ... At that time I had offered to port out the front cover and setup the oil pump but he didnt want to take everything apart. Offer still stands though. I just want to see the car be right for him. Mine is out of paint jail and will be going back together this next few weeks and there are only a few TRs in town. We gotta stick together:D

Not an engine expert, but that oil pressure sounds pretty low.

I have had great sucess with Randy A (southern boost) and Don Cruz. Both of these guys have worked their butts off helping me get my car put together. Not to leave anyone out (my trans is at the Whiteboys as we speak :cool: ) but I would definetely give Randy a call. He's pretty close and has the experience and support to help.

Thank you guys for the help! As of this morning I brought my car to a friend of Ed (87Nat). Ed assured me not to worry about my car because he was going to keep a close eye on it. His place of business is located directly next door to Robert's Auto Repair whom Ed highly recommends. Thanks again board members for all your support! Also, thank you Ed for hopefully getting me pointed in the right direction and maybe get this thing running like yours someday. ;)

Good luck Robby. If he is as good as Ed says he is, then you have nothing to worry about. When you get it back we will have to all go to the Ryan St car show in our Buicks. Gotta show em the Dark side!:eek:

Your car wasnt parked at his shop this morning. I talked to him and he said that his guy that cleans his place at night took it for a test drive and he hasnt seen it since. Im sure it will turn up.....

Thank god for insurance, it would actually be a blessing. It's insured for like $21,000. Tell him to keep it, I'll find one like (turbocody) had for sell.

Thanks for the update

Great news!!! They just spotted it on I-10 doing about 150 mph. Looks like its fixed.:D

Good maybe he'll head west and drop it off to me. Man, where else can you find someone with not only janitorial services but can fix turbo Buicks. Where has this guy been hiding? I just hope his machanic work is as inexpencive as most clean up services are. Question is, how long did it take him to get up to 150 mph? Then we will know if she's fixed!