WHO is Worse?

Who are worse drivers

• MALE

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • FEMALE

Votes: 84 93.3%

• Total voters
Those Young males are a small majority of terrible drivers.

I would still put them in there behind then BIG LUMPING of ALL Females.

I have seen Some pretty bad driving out of the rice girl crowd myself. Must rub off from the boyfriends.

In the words of President Bush, "I respectfully disagree"

TT/A 1233,

I have plenty of respect for the police so don't take this the wrong way but, I can't cound the number of times I've seen women drivers driving so absent mindedly with all the poor behaviors of talking on cell phones, putting on make up or just plain not paying attention to traffic around them... One of the first things that usually go through my mind... I WISH I WAS A COP because I'd hand out a FAT ticket for that one!

Yes, I will agree that there are the men aggressive drivers, but I think this may have something to do with why police notice them more. I've been told on several occasions that you can do 80-90 down the interstate and police won't even bother with you (if they don't have radar) so long as you're not doing anything irratic. Yet, when you're weaving in and out of traffic, they can pick you off miles away. I think that's true... and I think police have their eyes trained for that sort of traffic behavior. As they should. However, I'm sure there are plenty of times that a woman is overlooked because she's managing to keep that SUV in it's lane for the ten seconds the cop is around. Perhaps even purposely focusing more when they see the light bar coming up behind them.

I swear I'd love to mount a video camera in my car and go driving about then come back with a tally of men vs. women at driving.

Steve those hits were all on the WE4 I bought new.

Still drives fine and made it home from every accident under her own power. :)

Two kills however. 1988 Nova remember those? :D

And a 1993 Lincoln front drive pushed the engine into the firewall when she hit me from behind at 20mph while I was sitting in a line of traffic. :rolleyes:

Buicks are good cars in accidents, axe me how I know. ;)

GN hasn't been hit.... yet..... :eek:

I think in the past it may have been though.... :confused:

no question women drivers are the worst...even my own girlfriend agrees with me...she makes fun of women drivers in big suvs because THEY CAN'T DRIVE THEM! my girlfriend is no exception either...she won't brake until the very last second...she's had 3 brake jobs in the past 5 months...gee i wonder why? "baby my brakes are squeeking again and the car vibrates when i brake" I WONDER WHY! they don't listen!

yeah male drivers have something to prove and they like to race more than girls...but we are a HELL of a lot common sense smarter as far as driving goes...if i had a PENNY for everytime i saw a women driving a big suv while on a cell phone almost hitting me i would be a BILLIONAIRE!!!

My experience is that women don't pay any attention to the speed limits.
I travel on the road a lot and I fully believe that if I were driving 100 mph a woman would eventually pass me. I know that locally when on the expressways doing 70 I get passed consistantly more by women than men.

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
WE AIN't OVER there! So conduct your own poll about german drivers somplace else!:mad: :eek: :D

Look. if you don't want me here that is fine, your own problem but I didn't think a little different perspective would hurt, if you just want to be ignorant and rather not know what goes on else where then just disregard my comments. Take it as what it is worth for you.
But I guess you didn't have much constructive to reply and the poll was not if AMERICAN women are worse that AMERICAN men or Germans don't count as men and women?
Anyways, TT/A 1233 shows that it is no different!
:p
And belive me I could write books on American driving all together :)

Originally posted by Men in Black
Not even close, women drivers are idiots, and men who supply them with faster cars are idiots. Boy, am I going to get it for this, but I am on the road all day and and am qualified to make this conclusion. During the winter, all body shops are busy fixing Grans Prixs and suv roll-overs from women. At least they are good for one thing, they keep the body shops in business.
Men in Black I'll take you on for a driving challenge any day in my overly fast car..... In other words bite me. :p

WOW GN girl have your skirt in an uproar! ;)

Sorry I forgot to be politicaly correct in not stating AMERICAN drivers only..

Most us TBer's live in the states. Hard for us to judge world drivers:p

Like I said conduct your own poll. I don't give a hoot if you stay here or not.

By far young guys are the worst drivers for deadly accidents. Now for plain old stupid, dumb, fender bender type accidents or near accidents from observations women take the cake. Never fails, cruisin down the highway doing 70 and a DWB in a little car weaves in and out of traffic to get in front of me. Aside from talking on the phone she's curling her eyelashes. Happend on Monday. I even pointed it out to my wife. She agrees with me too!

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
WOW GN girl have your skirt in an uproar! ;)

Sorry I forgot to be politicaly correct in not stating AMERICAN drivers only..

Most us TBer's live in the states. Hard for us to judge world drivers:p

Like I said conduct your own poll. I don't give a hoot if you stay here or not.

TBers live all over the world not just in the states, if you conduct a poll I'm open to join it if you don't like what I say then don't ask or ask for people who follow your opinion only!

BTW it is not my fault that your ignorant butt apparently hasn't been anywhere else in the world...:mad:
For myself I visited many countries in my life so far including the United States and believe me I have plenty of insights into AMERICAN drivers but fortunately I haven't met as many narrow minded Americans yet!

If you don't want non-americans to reply to your poll than don't conduct your poll on TB.com

Obviously most of you have not driven in other countries, we have it nice. Consider this if you think driving in the states is bad. Try driving in Paris, Spain, Puerto Rico, or worse yet Mexico city. I agree with TT/A1233 he's right about young male drivers these days most don't have anymore sense than female drivers some of you are trying to portray as "SO bad" why do you think it costs so much to insure males under 25. You guys sound like a bunch of whiney old men threatened by the thought of an empowered female driving a 6000lb vehicle. "Bad drivers" are everywhere male and female, I'm positive each of us has done something in the past(even TT/A1233 ) to earn that label from the uptight conservative as he watched you in the act. He probably shook his fist in the air at ya went back to the home and posted a Poll on the old cork BB "Check here if you think that 30 yr old kid in the Black car is a bad driver that drives toooo fast" LOL. Geez
BTW some of you all need to show some class towards others, just think one day your daughter(s) will be driving, you want someone treating them less than equal cause their female drivers? Thought so...

Anyone think of this?

Guys usually get into trouble in high school or early college years, because of their competitive nature. After they mature, passing 25, many have learned to respect the automobile. Women, on the other hand, get worse after 25. After 25, they are involved trying to do it all, and think that putting on make up is okay when your are driving down the road. Unfortunately, the guys are still under constant watch by law enforcement because of what they might have done in their younger years. Now, if law enforcement spends all their time worrying about the male drivers, how are they supposed to watch the female drivers?
Say you are a cop. ("Im a cop"...lol) You have your pick of following 2 cars. One contains 2 men, the other 2 women. The men are driving a new camaro, the women a expedition. Which looks more like a potential threat? Of course, you follow the guys. Then the guys are driving fine and are headed to a game. The SUV with female drivers hits a young boy on a bike because the driver was not paying attention. You cant focus on both at the same time, so you take the one that is thought to be a greater threat. So, if you keep following the guys, how do you know the women arent even more of a threat?
Once a convict, always a convict?
I see this more than you would believe. Women get away with it all, because everyone is so concerned that the guys on the road have a greater potential for causing trouble. People are more concerned with the guys driving the camaro, figuring they MIGHT: speed, burnout, race, etc, than with the women drivers, that ARE: speeding , driving erratically, missing traffic signs, etc.

Driving down the road, exceeding the speed limit, looking in the mirror, putting on make-up. You do the math.

Driving down the road with the "Gangsta lean" sitting so low you can't see their heads from behind, hat pulled down over the eye brows and the left hand covering half the face stereo booming oblivious to the world, much less the lights and sirens of the Fire truck bearing down on them. Done the math see it everyday.

I guess it depends on where you live. I don't have those drivers around here. We have the soccer Mom, driving her $40k SUV like she is late for something. Tailgating and just generally hauling a$$ everywhere she goes.

The other morning coming to work.....still dark....... I saw a female, in the left lane, steering with her knees, mirror pulled down.........phone in one hand, and putting on make up with the other. :eek:

Geoff, I guess we each have our own hell to deal with!:D

There's too much smack talking on this thread.

Some people just need to get over themselves & realize you cannot say men are worse then women, or women are worse then men. :mad: It's just too general!!

Pronto-Shall I ask what a DWB is? :rolleyes:

Tried looking it up..

Granted I didn't dig too far, but I tried looking it up.

I was on NHTSA's (National Highway Traffic Safety Admin) website and they had statistics of fatallities, injuries, driver's, passengers, others involved, but nowhere could I find an actual causality for accidents. The closest that I could find was that the deaths between male and female's that were driving at the time of the accident. That still doesn't say WHO was at fault. However, the numbers showed that there were more male fatallities and injuries than females that were driving. Now, the good news is that on both sides, the numbers are going down from 1990 - 1999. Also, Some of those numbers are starting to equal out between men and women. Very difficult to summarize due to the complexity of state-by-state and other conditions applying. Still I couldn't find information stating who actually CAUSED the accidents.

Looked at insurance companies briefly before I had to go to work.. there are insurance companies that are only for women in the UK. Doesn't THAT suck.

Now, with this being said, I'm still not convinced that men are worse. Woman definately hold the title. But I just thought of proving one theory or another with some backed up facts. Anybody else have some FACTS they'd like to bring to the table, please let me know. Thought we'd bring some constructive conversation back to the thread...

Thanks Tonya

I was trying to make the same point before I had to defend my myself for not being American. I think with what you said there's nothing else to say to this tread. Driving is not in anybody's genes!

Who knows gn85girl, maybe it's just the few of us who think this way. ;)

Have a safe & happy weekend everyone. :D Wish me luck, I'm off to the local car show tomorrow. Hope I win something! Or at least have a good time. :)