Who makes the best fiberglass hoods??

Tz44

I’m in the market for a fiberglass hood but not sure where I should order one from. I’ve heard a lot of bad stories about fitment and prep work. Any suggestions?

I've seen one on a GN and it looks great.

To save on shipping you can go up to Richard Clark's up here in Burlington,NC , they have them. It should only be about a 4 hour ride for you.

I've heard several times that although Hartline's hood is the nicest looking, it's still too heavy for a drag car…

Claude.

Claude,
VFN fiberglass out of Addison Illinois makes pin on hoods with the "power bulge" and cowl induction scoops as well as bumpers w/ no light holes, pro front clips, rear bumper clips, deck lids, and doors.

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/8187regal.htm

The shipping weight for the pin on "TR" hood is 13lbs.

By the way VFN stands for Victor, Frank and Neil, the company's founders. I had to ask.

George

Hartline all the way. Even my painter was impressed with their raw quality and he sees a ton of fiberglass products.

I have a fiberglass hood which was made by Token Fiberglass… but I think they're no longer in business… too bad, nice hood though…:(

Claude.;)

Cal’s hood, hands down. Removed my factory hood on my wh1, bolted the fiberglass one up. Fits just like the original. If you’re really cheap like I am, you can even buff the gelcoat out.

Hartline all the way !! I had a lift of one years ago. I believe it was Kenne-Bells. Very light but flimsy. Reminded me of a lift off hood I had on my 65 Mustang. Anything over 60 mph the hood would bow up like it was trying to rip itself off the car !

Is there such thing as a lift off hood that fits well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hartline all the way. Even my painter was impressed with their raw quality and he sees a ton of fiberglass products.

So if Hartline's hood is so nice that many people here proclaim..... Why no pictures? Can't be that hard to take a picture of a hood, no?

It's hard to take a picture of the hood while it's going by at 135 mph.

So if Hartline's hood is so nice that many people here proclaim..... Why no pictures? Can't be that hard to take a picture of a hood, no?
Here's pics of the underside of mine when I had it painted. I had it on the ground installing my hoodliner. I had my painter finish off the edges and underside too where it wouldn't be covered my the hoodliner.
On the car is looks exactly like a stock steel hood. If you could tell a difference then he did something wrong!

Also I found a good replacement spring. I'm talking the hood release spring that pops it up when you pull the cable. Some people just chop the stock hood pop spring but that is such a stiff spring I wanted one that wasn't. It is for a Jeep Wrangler, part #55176732AD. It was under $10.

Attachments

• 102_0987.JPG
    102_0987.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 166
  • 102_0990.JPG
    102_0990.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 163
  • 102_1011.JPG
    102_1011.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 164