Who makes the best fiberglass hoods??

Here's pics of the underside of mine when I had it painted. I had it on the ground installing my hoodliner. I had my painter finish off the edges and underside too where it wouldn't be covered my the hoodliner.
On the car is looks exactly like a stock steel hood. If you could tell a difference then he did something wrong!

Also I found a good replacement spring. I'm talking the hood release spring that pops it up when you pull the cable. Some people just chop the stock hood pop spring but that is such a stiff spring I wanted one that wasn't. It is for a Jeep Wrangler, part #55176732AD. It was under $10.

So the hood locking mechanism keeps the hood secured/lock in place? You don't need anything else to secure the hood from opening?

It's hard to take a picture of the hood while it's going by at 135 mph.

Sorry, bro, but that's just fuckin dumb..... I could have used the icon/emoji, but that's the pussy way of doing things and no one but you would know who did it, and I aint that type a guy. If I got something to say, I'm gonna say it so everyone can hear it. Or, in this case read it.

So the hood locking mechanism keeps the hood secured/lock in place? You don't need anything else to secure the hood from opening?
That is correct. Not only does the hood look completely stock, it utilizes the original latch method, cable and release. I only changed the spring as mentioned above to not be so stiff of spring.

That is correct. Not only does the hood look completely stock, it utilizes the original latch method, cable and release. I only changed the spring as mentioned above to not be so stiff of spring.

Years ago I looked into a glass hood and I recall (I could be mistaken though) you couldn't use the hood latch/lock, you had to use different gas shocks for it, and was also warned about leaving it out in the sun, for it could damage it. That's a nice lookin hood.... How long have you had it for?

Years ago I looked into a glass hood and I recall (I could be mistaken though) you couldn't use the hood latch/lock, you had to use different gas shocks for it, and was also warned about leaving it out in the sun, for it could damage it. That's a nice lookin hood.... How long have you had it for?
I'm going on 3 years now with it. Others have owned theirs far longer though with no complaints. You do need lighter resistant shocks. Either ones made for fiberglass hood weight or I've heard some people using their old worn out hood shocks that couldn't hold their steel hood up anymore.

I'm going on 3 years now with it. Others have owned theirs far longer though with no complaints. You do need lighter resistant shocks. Either ones made for fiberglass hood weight or I've heard some people using their old worn out hood shocks that couldn't hold their steel hood up anymore.

I'm gonna look into that again after I get my motor back in. Thanks for the pics, bro!

Dan is rubbing off on me. The GN i've seen it on is Melissa's. Russ wouldn't put it on if it wasn't top notch. Can't remember if it has hood pins, but I think it doesn't.

So the finish is so good it won’t need to be painted? Does anyone else have pictures installed on the car?

So the finish is so good it won’t need to be painted? Does anyone else have pictures installed on the car?
It’s not great. It’s black gelcoat. I buffed it to shine a little bit because I wasn’t gonna paint it for a rusty beater. Looking back, I’m not even sure why I buffed it. In the sun, it looks almost brownish. If your car is nice, I’d suggest having it painted.

10F10007-F8B7-47E9-9339-E8FDBAC6A5C8.jpeg
This is the best pic I’ve got. Was taken at Richard Clark’s last year. Dennis Kirban sells the correct struts.

Last edited: