Who's coming to Turbo Thunder VII ?

ChrisCairns said:
Gene,

Please remove my name. I don't wanna drive 800 miles for a non Buick-only race. I can stay at my home track for that. :)
Your kidding right?
We have had this same format for the last few year :cool:
The only difference this year is no diesels ;)

geno said:
Your kidding right?
We have had this same format for the last few year :cool:
The only difference this year is no diesels ;)

I'm probably in the minority but I don't happen to like other brands racing with us. I didn't like it last year and I still don't. Personally I'd rather have only 10 Buicks show up and with correspondingly lower payouts than lots of non-Buick cars racing with us for higher payouts. That's just me though.

I sincerely hope you all have a great time.

Hey Len .... I took a tranny apart. I now understand why the trannies are put onto engine stands to work on them. It's so you can spin them like a propeller to get all the guts to fly out. And there's lots and lots of guts. Forward drum, backward drum, snare drum, bongo drum....etc., etc.

I started to use cheapy Chinese snap ring pliers. Couldn't get one of the rings off using it so I phoned my son at the store and told him to bring me home the Snap-On set we have for sale. I promptly broke the first one I tried...lol. So today I broke down and bought a proper transmission snap ring remover tool. The stuck ring came right out.

So once I'm ready to put it together, do I just pile everything into the case and shake it until it all falls into place? I'm kinda stuck right now since the video tape I'm using broke. Right at the place where the guy says, "And the following instruction is critical, make sure you NEVER EVER..................."

ChrisCairns said:
I'm probably in the minority but I don't happen to like other brands racing with us. I didn't like it last year and I still don't. Personally I'd rather have only 10 Buicks show up and with correspondingly lower payouts than lots of non-Buick cars racing with us for higher payouts. That's just me though.

I sincerely hope you all have a great time.

Whatever:rolleyes:
You cant please everyone :biggrin:

1) Dan
2) Rob (illegal alien)
3) Gene (executive owner), Ken (hired gun speed racer)
4) Josh (jerk)
5) Adam and family (customizer extraordinare)
6) oneshot (hopefully making it)
7) Richard Soon
8) Darcy Soon
9) Dennis Hogan
10) Gurts Sigh
11) Jim Burns
12) Steve Stock
13) Dan Powel
14) Brian Macy
15) Dan Huff
16) Len Freeman
17) Craig Martin
18) Brian Martin
19) Sam Wilson
20) Ken Mcloud
21) Ian Wald
22) Jason McCartney
23) Roland Black
24) Ted Holt
25) Ron Neisler
26) Wanda Brooks
27) SouthernCal GN
28) Geoff Cornwall
29) Al Mcgilvra
30) Mike Benny
31) Jeff Hamre
32) MAITAI
33) Eric Eddy
34) Mike Rasmussen
35) Kurt
36) Paul Helliker

It's official ladies and gentlemen, there will be no "trouble" at TTVII (since Chris won't be there) :)

We're going to have to count on Gurts Singh and Rob to attempt to provide backup trouble making.

I'm just KIDDING Chris! I sincerely hope you change your mind.

I am going to be there for Turbo Thunder. My Turbo Buick is "out of order" right now so I most likely wont be there with the Buick (Anyone got a good crankshaft I can buy to get my Buick running for Turbo Thunder ?).
Otherwise I will have to bring my Syclone :frown:

i think chris is on his period and cant understand normal thinking right now. i think he'll be alright in a week or so. :eek: i mean were racing in your state. how far are you from the track? dont make me drive to your house and let tim burnout in your draveway! :eek:

1) Dan
2) Rob (illegal alien)
4) Josh (jerk)
7) Richard Soon
8) Darcy Soon
9) Dennis Hogan
10) Gurts Sigh
11) Jim Burns
12) Steve Stock
13) Dan Powel
14) Brian Macy
15) Dan Huff
16) Len Freeman
17) Craig Martin
18) Brian Martin
19) Sam Wilson
20) Ken Mcloud
21) Ian Wald
22) Jason McCartney
23) Roland Black
24) Ted Holt
25) Ron Neisler
26) Wanda Brooks
27) SouthernCal GN
28) Geoff Cornwall
29) Al Mcgilvra
30) Mike Benny
31) Jeff Hamre
32) MAITAI
33) Eric Eddy
34) Mike Rasmussen
35) Kurt
36) Paul Helliker[/QUOTE]
37) J. Kelly Vaught

LV GN said:
i think chris is on his period and cant understand normal thinking right now. i think he'll be alright in a week or so. :eek: i mean were racing in your state. how far are you from the track? dont make me drive to your house and let tim burnout in your draveway! :eek:

Oh oh. I'd better not get my "draveway" paved then. It'll be easier for you to do your burnout on gravel...after all you only have a V6. :)

I notice you don't dare comment on my new transmission rebuilding expertise. HA, I say....you must be sceered of the competition.

Dave....I'll miss seeing everyone......that was always a highlight. (Mainly because I never could win a race, which would have been the highlight.) :)

Gene,

Looks like my name fell off that list somewhere along the line......you can add me back on though. I am hoping ot make hotel arrangements any day now.

Is there one in particular that many Turbo Thunder guys will be staying at ? It's always fun to hang out at the same hotel whenever possible.

ChrisCairns said:
Dave....I'll miss seeing everyone......that was always a highlight. (Mainly because I never could win a race, which would have been the highlight.) :)

Chris, it's all Bracket Racing this year! You can win!

Hahahahahaha. I'm TALKING about bracket racing. If I wasn't red lighting I was red lighting. Then of course there was the breaking out. Or being 10 seconds off my dial. Or putting it into (L)eap, then
(D)rag and finally (R)ace. That one hurt. :D

Right now we have the biggest lightning/thunder/ storm I've ever experienced in this area. One blast of lightning/thunder must have been right over us. I thought our house had been hit it was so loud and bright.

So during this 10 PM storm I'm bravely cowering under the kitchen table when my wife, standing there with her hair full of pink curlers, face covered in a greenish night "beauty" mud, and a tiger stripe housecoat, seductively said to me,

"See anything you'd like to hit?"

I told her to go stand on the roof and deflect the lightning bolts.... even IT wouldn't hit her looking like that.

1) Dan
2) Rob (illegal alien)
4) Josh (jerk)
7) Richard Soon
8) Darcy Soon
9) Dennis Hogan
10) Gurts Sigh
11) Jim Burns
12) Steve Stock
13) Dan Powel
14) Brian Macy
15) Dan Huff
16) Len Freeman
17) Craig Martin
18) Brian Martin
19) Sam Wilson
20) Ken Mcloud
21) Ian Wald
22) Jason McCartney
23) Roland Black
24) Ted Holt
25) Ron Neisler
26) Wanda Brooks
27) SouthernCal GN
28) Geoff Cornwall
29) Al Mcgilvra
30) Mike Benny
31) Jeff Hamre
32) MAITAI
33) Eric Eddy
34) Mike Rasmussen
35) Kurt
36) Paul Helliker
37) J. Kelly Vaught
38) Clayton Crofton :cool:

c&cgn said:
Gene,

Looks like my name fell off that list somewhere along the line......you can add me back on though. I am hoping ot make hotel arrangements any day now.

Is there one in particular that many Turbo Thunder guys will be staying at ? It's always fun to hang out at the same hotel whenever possible.

I know Len has a room here :) They might have a cancellation so you might check.
Days Inn Motel
220 Bravo Terrace
Port Orchard, WA 98367
Phone: (360) 895-7818
Reservations: (888) 876-7967
Email: 14080@hotel.cendant.com

Checkout these hotels :cool:
http://www.visitkitsap.com/lodging/...s=5&FacAmens=&RoomAmens=&SearchResultsStart=1
This track is alot better about staying around after the race is over and wont kick you out like Woodburn does :rolleyes:

Truck is tuned by Jeff scott now he was in it for a few hours and ran out of time he says there is 1 full second of left it the truck (with more tunning) so paul from NWSTP is going to finish the tune hopefully before TT but with the new tune and alky its fast as ****... :D

About time Randy! We want to see your truck live up to its potential! Now I need to do something about my tuning issues! :D

geno said:
I know Len has a room here :) They might have a cancellation so you might check.
Days Inn Motel
220 Bravo Terrace
Port Orchard, WA 98367
Phone: (360) 895-7818
Reservations: (888) 876-7967
Email: 14080@hotel.cendant.com

Checkout these hotels :cool:
http://www.visitkitsap.com/lodging/...s=5&FacAmens=&RoomAmens=&SearchResultsStart=1
This track is alot better about staying around after the race is over and wont kick you out like Woodburn does :rolleyes:

I was able to get a room at the Days Inn, so we are booked ! :D

Well my TDY was just canceled and wont start back up till Aug 1st looks like i will be home this Friday and will get to go to TT :) :) :) :) :)

ill be there to run on friday with my daily 4 door but not on sat just gonna watch the buicks still in pieces :(

I will be there as well, but not racing again this year. Too much been going on this fall/winter/spring for me to work on the car or put together any video from last year.

Sorry folks.

I will try to get enough video this year to maybe put something together, but not sure how it is going to work out.
:confused: