Why is the site suddenly blocking ad blockers?

I disabled ad block, added the site to the exception/allow list....Still blocks. what's with that?
When I logged on a minute or so, ago. Blocked, hit the back button, tried again.. worked.
Is this a sometimes deal?

Does your browser have s built in ad blocker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in for a donation. I've found this website very useful over the last 8 years.

Its not like the site is littered with ads to begin with.

Actually for a while there it was literally littered -- at least with my older browser on Linux. The so-called "AdChoices" cyberspying junk was trying to insert itself between posts, but getting out of position and covering the text of the posts. But that doesn't seem to be happening now. Same old browser, too.

Bad news! All the items I've looked at on Amazon, the bag, etc, are showing up as ads.....This is worse than BS...

It is indeed worse, it's the "AdChoices" cyberspying junk I mentioned. It originates with Google tracking you everywhere you go on the Net, with a hardware code that your machine broadcasts.

Supposedly there's a way to opt out, but you have to register on a Web site! Orwellian beyond belief!

I don't understand how ad blockers cost the site money.
How do advertisers know users have an ad blocker?
Or, do they decide not to do business if the site does not block ad blockers?
I enjoy my ad blocker more for intrusive ads. I don't mind static ads but flashy ads are distracting.
When I come upon a site that blocks my ad blocker, I generally just leave the site.
I do the same when a damn pop up comes up and I haven't even looked around yet.
I have disabled my ad blocker on this site and I find the site much less enjoyable.
Not because of the ads but because it seems slower than ever.