wich turbo to get , pte51,pte52 te60, te61

87gnand00ws6

Hi guys. i currently have 50lb injectors , 3000 stall, and want a good street/strip turbo wich turbo does everyone like the most. i can get a good deal on the pte51 right now, thats probably what im gonna do, i just want a second opinion. oh and my goal is low 11's

Originally posted by turbodave231
PT-52, fast spool, durable, capable of high tens.....enuff said?

Dave

I agree with Dave, the PT52, 3,000 stall, and at least a set of 50# injectors is a killer street/strip combo.

Joe

anyone know the best place to buy it, price wise too... What about a ta/52 is there much difference. Should i go precision, or john craig at limited. Price wise whose gonna offer the deal..

Call PTE, They ship fast, usually have the stuff in stock, and their stuff is high quality..... oh yeah, priced competitively too .

I've been using a TA-52 (Stock appearing turbo bell) for about 3 years now. That's what Harry had the the Nats a few years ago and that's what I bought.

I believe you can get a PT-52 which has the TE style compressor housing with the bell cast onto the compressor housing. I believe the TE housings flow slightly better.

PT51 585
TA52 585
PT52 600
TA53 600
PT53 610

Are those numbers correct? i mean the pt51 will pull as much as the pt51. Would a ta53 be the same as the pt52?

JACK COTTON = "DOC TURBO" = Ph.D IN TURBOLOGY

www.cottonsperformance.com

Be sure to discuss your plans for your car with Jack before buying.

Knowledge is power, and power is what you're after!

Get some honest turbo recommendations for your combo, with the legendary "good-guy" pricing & service second-to-no-one. :)

HTH :)

Originally posted by Joe Lubrant
I agree with Dave, the PT52, 3,000 stall, and at least a set of 50# injectors is a killer street/strip combo.

Joe
Hmmm..You recommended me a PTE51 turbo back 2 years ago..yall not pushing those anymore? Ever get the exhaust wheel thing straight?
If it was me to do all over again...Id go with a TE60-TE-61 with john craig..my 51 does good but just wish id went a lil bigger
Brian

thanks guys

Thanks guys, i ordered the pt52 from precision today. i hope its all its cracked up to be, thanks ...

Is it gonna kill me if i dont have the 3000 stall for a few weeks. i plan on getting it soon, but my budget limits me temporarily. is it basically just going to be real laggy.

I have a TA-54 and a 9x11 2800 stall. While I can't build boost at the line (tires spin at 0psi), I normally have full boost before second gear. I have been thinking about going up on the stall but since I don't run slicks and normally only run on the street, having the 2800 saves my tires and gives me a good jump from them not spinning.

With the stock turbo, the tires would spin EASILY.

I wish ya luck man..hope nothing happens to the turbo..harry is a pain to deal with..Ill never do buisness there again..john craig or possible cottons for me from now on..
Brian

PT52 is the way to go...

I went an "easy" 121mph on my combo with much more to spare.. 3000 stall.. etc etc...

what type of converter are you going to buy?

I recomment Gomez, Toelle, Precision.. in that order.

Cost is factored

JOhn

Originally posted by national
Hmmm..You recommended me a PTE51 turbo back 2 years ago..yall not pushing those anymore? Ever get the exhaust wheel thing straight?
If it was me to do all over again...Id go with a TE60-TE-61 with john craig..my 51 does good but just wish id went a lil bigger
Brian

Brian,

If I made that suggestion to you 2 Years ago, I'm sure I suggested at that time, the best combo for your stated needs.
The PT-52 does as you know requires more stall than the PT-51.

Not sure what Stall speed or Injector size you had at the time, but I am sure it played heavily on the turbo selection/suggestion.

Regards,

Joe

I like my PTE 52. With a CAS V-4,009"s,Art Carr 2800 stall loc-up convt I have ran 96mph in the 1/8th.Car runs stronger with a new chip from Joe.I have always had good service from PTE and Joe Lubrant.

Originally posted by 49-blues
Joe- how much stall would the PTE-54 require? thanks

I am responding from my home computer, and don't have a copy here of PTE stall suggested specs. If I recall correctly it is approx. 3200 rpm.

I'll double check tommorow, and correct if I am mistaken.

Regards,

Joe
PTE
219-996-7832