wich turbo to get , pte51,pte52 te60, te61

I run the Vigilante "0" pump (I believe its rated at 3000 stall)with my PT-54. It spools great. Im actually thinking about stepping up on the turbo. So Joe, what would be a logical step up from the 54? Combo is Maxeffort Mafless, 72 lbs injs., PTE frontmount, Champion irons. Whats the story on the GT stuff? Thanks,

INFORMATION RE: GT SERIES PLEASE

Originally posted by Scott Atk

Whats the story on the GT stuff? Thanks,

Any info on the GT-series ever going to be posted on the PTE website?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by 87gnand00ws6
PT51 585
TA52 585
PT52 600
TA53 600
PT53 610

Are those numbers correct? i mean the pt51 will pull as much as the pt51. Would a ta53 be the same as the pt52?

In response, I think TurboDave231 pretty much states in his post above that the PT (TE) type Compressor Covers are more efficient and hence the overlap of power ratings of the TA vs PT/TE turbo's.

In most cases the T04E (TE) type compressor covers will exhibit a 10-15hp increase in power over a Stock type (TA) cover with a reducing inlet bell.

Regards,
Joe

PT&E
219-996-7832

Re: INFORMATION RE: GT SERIES PLEASE

Originally posted by Two Lane
Any info on the GT-series ever going to be posted on the PTE website?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

They are working on it.

Still finalizing the PT turbine housings for the TR/ GT's. The current PT .63 & .85 housings required casting modifications.

We are very close to official release.

Thanks for your patience.

Joe

PT&E
219-996-7832

Originally posted by Scott Atk
I run the Vigilante "0" pump (I believe its rated at 3000 stall)with my PT-54. It spools great. Im actually thinking about stepping up on the turbo. So Joe, what would be a logical step up from the 54? Combo is Maxeffort Mafless, 72 lbs injs., PTE frontmount, Champion irons. .................................. Thanks,

Well I guess my question would be how much power do you wish to make realistically? Also you would still need to consider converter stall.

Two of the new offerings are the PT 61, and the PT 67, which some of the fellows are running with great results & feedback.

The new GT series turbo's for the TR are almost ready for release and will additionally add to your list of options for upgrade.

Regards,
Joe

PT&E
219-996-7832

hmm...good thread, I was actually scratching my head as to what turbo to buy, this was informative. SO, how much longer do I have to wait for this new "GT" series? :D