will a stock style intake fit an off center stage motor?

No, stock designed intakes will not match up to SII heads.

SI heads yes, but not SII heads. SII heads are a completely different design.

I have an off center, 4 BBL stage II intake ready for conversion. PM me if your interested. Now that I think about it, I have several on-centers too.......

Jay--

Are the on center intakes from BMS? If so, what is the part number and how much?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan, Sorry for the late resposnse, been very busy. Yes, the intakes are BMS. They are the normal intakes used in the ASA and Busch series. I will PM you the part number tomorrow.
Thanks.

Bringing this WAAAAAAAAY back from the dead. So if you have Stage 1 heads and an off center stage 2 block, you can use the stock intake?

stage II

On a stage II off center motor with M/A heads GN-1 heads and stock heads you can use a stock intake but you have to oblong the holes 120 tho back on the passenger side and do the same on the drivers side 120 tho foward on the intake and then do your porting to match the heads, hope that helps.

On a stage II off center motor with M/A heads GN-1 heads and stock heads you can use a stock intake but you have to oblong the holes 120 tho back on the passenger side and do the same on the drivers side 120 tho foward on the intake and then do your porting to match the heads, hope that helps.

Just primarily for porting? Otherwise, everything should bolt up?

Been a long day outside so my brain may not be 100%, but I thought the only time you had to worry about the ~.120 difference in the bolts on the intake was when using ON center stuff on an off center setup. Stock is off center, so if using an off center SII block, stock config heads (M&A, etc), a stock intake should bolt right up, right?

If not, please educate me... I may need to check my info here. :D

if using production style heads, all stock componants except the oil pan(14 bolt) will work fine

You're mistaken. Off center will bolt right up. You have to do what you describe for a stock manifold on an ON-center block.