Wondering if I have a stock turbo

DMAC

I dont know much about the history of my car and was looking at the turbo.
It as AM 10 Garrett stamped on the housing

Does anyone know if that is stock or more than likely and upgrade?

Here are pics of the turbo

Attachments

• Turbo side2.jpg
    Turbo side2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Turbo side.jpg
    Turbo side.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Turbo Exh.jpg
    Turbo Exh.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 118
Brad

Thanks for the direction , it appears to be stock from the photo comparision. Which is good news because It will go faster when I eventually upgrade.

I see your 85 has some good upgrades ,,, Is going to be very expensive to get these HOT Airs in the 11s?

Is going to be very expensive to get these HOT Airs in the 11s?

It's relative. If you do the research on how you want to get there before buying parts then maybe. Cheapest way is to upgrade to the 86-87 computer with a turbo tweek chip and injectors for E-85. Add the larger turbo and you should get to 11's fairly easily.

Most of the after market parts are hard to find so yo either have to make them or have them made. One of the drawbacks to having a HA car.:frown:

Looks like some great news !! I have 5 85 stations in my town, Do I need to use that now ?

I have already purchased the 87 ECM and expect that to be the next upgrade

So far I have added high volume fuel pump hot wire kit ,
and I have purchased #55 lb injectors and a adjustble fuel reg but havent installed

Planning on purchasing
bigger turbo
ported throttle body
Ported inlet for turbo
Debating on headers but they are pricey

Before you put the injectors in you will need a more modern chip. Contact Eric at turbo tweek and get a matched set of injectors and chip to go with them for E-85. The 55 lb injectors may work but contact Eric before you instal them, seriously.

Brad

Thanks for the direction , it appears to be stock from the photo comparision. Which is good news because It will go faster when I eventually upgrade.

I see your 85 has some good upgrades ,,, Is going to be very expensive to get these HOT Airs in the 11s?

Listen to Charlie if you want to have some money left over. I have only one issue left and that is boost control. I am at 20lbs boost with 93 octane, alky and zero knock. Once this is solved my car will easily be in the twelves. Drag racing is not my goal though. Brad

If you are considering going to E-85, ditch the 55# injectors and go straight to 120# Trick-flows from Summit and a Turbo Tweak chip from Eric as stated above....Idle is smooth as a baby's bottom and you shouldn't have to upgrade injectors in the future unless you get nutz with your build. Buy em once and be done... Just my .02 ---Keith