WTF!!! Help Julio!!!!!!

BlackRob91

I get up start my TTA it will run normal but when I park it come back outside dosent wanna start till half hour later? when its cool what the hell is causing this? I heard some1 shooting the **** about some module?!

I get up start my TTA it will run normal but when I park it come back outside dosent wanna start till half hour later? when its cool what the hell is causing this? I heard some1 shooting the **** about some module?!

Mine had similar systems it turned out to be the injector harness.

could be real simple

What chip do you run?
I know Thrasher needs so many volts before it lets the car start. Julio and I had to push my car out of the staging lanes because of that.

hth

I have Erics Turbo Tweak Chip? I heard some 1 mention a module or something under the coil pack that does these similar sypmtons

If it is the ignition module, you could carefully cool the module when the car is hot with some type of cooling aersol spray. They used to sell a product called freeze mist that would work. Anyway after cooling if it starts then you know you've found your problem.:biggrin:

My friend that has a TTA had a similar problem. Turned out to be the injector harness with much troubleshooting. I think he got one that has a hot wire style to it, not sure on that that or what brand it was.

We need more info? Does it crank endlessly? Is the starter hard to turnover?

Does it ever cut out when at normal operating temperature?

I'd check to make sure the pump is cycling on and pumping fuel to the fuel rail.

Also check to make sure you have spark.......

I'd lean towards the module but the others are possible....

The car will turn over fine usually in the morning but when I park it and come back to it later the car wont even turn over, I turn and nothing no starter turning nada so I wait usually half hr or so and usually when the cars has cooled down it will Miraculously start up. But this morning was very odd cuz the car sat all night and when I tried starting it nothing????

Its The Vats

Samething happen to me. You need to buy a new ignition switch from GM with a new key with pellet. I bet you anything its that. What I did to mickey mouse it for the meantime was measure the resistance of the pellet on your key and buy a radio shack resister and just plug that in into the VATS module underneath the car. It work for many months that way until the little resister would fall and I would have to get underneath the car and plug it back on. Truly a hassle, so just fork out the cash for a new ignition cylinder and key and have someone install it and presto, problem solved. I also taught it was a heat soak condition because I had exactly the same symptoms as you just described. Even bought a new mini-starter for it. The car would not want to crank over nothing, like if it was totally dead. Then I would come back to it in a half hour and the car would just start.

What happens it the thin wire wears out and cause excessive resistance that doesnt allow the vats module to send the signal to the starter. Your other option would be to bypass it. Just do a search here or at Thirdgen.org

Let me know if this cures your problem or not.

Samething happen to me. You need to buy a new ignition switch from GM with a new key with pellet. I bet you anything its that. What I did to mickey mouse it for the meantime was measure the resistance of the pellet on your key and buy a radio shack resister and just plug that in into the VATS module underneath the car. It work for many months that way until the little resister would fall and I would have to get underneath the car and plug it back on. Truly a hassle, so just fork out the cash for a new ignition cylinder and key and have someone install it and presto, problem solved. I also taught it was a heat soak condition because I had exactly the same symptoms as you just described. Even bought a new mini-starter for it. The car would not want to crank over nothing, like if it was totally dead. Then I would come back to it in a half hour and the car would just start.

What happens it the thin wire wears out and cause excessive resistance that doesnt allow the vats module to send the signal to the starter. Your other option would be to bypass it. Just do a search here or at Thirdgen.org

Let me know if this cures your problem or not.

That should be it.

could be vats - my newer trans ams have security light for vats so you know when that's the cause.

try cleaning the chip in the key or use your spare key if you have one.

if it is vats - you can either replace the colum or just do the resistor mod and disable it ;)

Nope.. his problem is he's not getting 12volts to the starter solenoid. I bet its down to 7 or 8.

Some guys use a Ford relay, on my other TTA I basically hotwired it after the VATS module.

If the VATS is bad, you'll have the security light problem.

Bet if you pour water behind the passenger side valvecover on the engine after its hot and cool down the starter it fires rite up.

So does that mean the starter solenoid is bad and just need to replace it? its pissing me the hell off?

My starter used to get heat soaked and would do the same thing. I'd stop and get gas, get in turn the key and nothing. Let it sit about 4 minutes and it would start back up. It was the starter, got a new one. I've considered wrapping it with protective material but the new one cleared it up. Haven't had a problem since then...about 12 years ago. hope that helps.

I'm having the same problem with my truck, it's the starter.

Now if I could just get a few hours when I can replace it.