X BOX help

CopGn

I bought my kid an XBOX. His TV only has 2 A/V inputs and X BOX requires 3 inputs. I couldn't get it to work on his TV but worked fine on my TV with 3 inputs. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I can do to get it to work?

Originally posted by Chevymd38
i'm pretty sure the extra plug is for stereo and unnecessary

u most likely do not have the red plug right? if its that then just leave it unplugged and dont worry about it :) all its for is right channel sound but its not that bad without it trust me

I tried that and can't get it to work. Plugged in the yellow and white but it didn't work. The X Box is not broken as it works on my tv. Any other thoughts. I guess the TV is broken. And thank you.

Make sure your Son's TV doesn't have to be on a special channel. I know some have channel 00 as the input channel. Others, like my TV have to have it selected with the remote control.

James

My television has to be changed to a video input mode. Just turning it to channel 3 doesn't do it.

Andrew

go to radio shack...

they sell an adaptor that takes both plugs and combines them!

i had to do this with my playstation 1 way back in the day and it worked fine afterwards!

good luck!

Audio/video switcher

Your other choice would to be to get an audio/video switcher.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.a..._name=CTLG_003_010_009_000&product_id=15-2526

They are a box that takes the three inputs (video, audio L, and audio R) and switches them to a single coax cable so you can just plug into the antenna signal in. These boxes run around $25-$35 and you should be able to get them at any radio shack, TV store, or electronics store. They are basically for using an old TV with new stuff like a DVD player and stuff. Also, for all you X-Box fans, you should check out xbox-scene.com if you haven't already...
-Gabe