you never forget your first time...

kh440

Jo Bu needs a refill!
A long time ago (1987) there I was sitting at a red light with my 3 month old turbo-t. Minding my own business, listening to James Taylor on the tape deck when low and behold up pulls a black iroc-z with some 17 yr old schmuck behinmd the wheel. Well, junior starts patting th egas trying to start something, without looking over at him I powerbrake until the boost light just starts to flicker, light changes and we're off. Would have caught and passed him sooner but had some SERIOUS wheelspin issues when catching 2nd. By the time I hit o/d he was off of it trying to think up some excuse for his bimbo girlfriend as to why he just got waxed by a grey Buick. Cars have come and gone, as have victims, but the first one always remains the sweetest.

The best part is that there could be several first times. First time beating a Stang, first time beating a Vette, etc. All feel great. I'm looking forward to getting my car broken in so I can race a Cobra for the first time. A guy at work just got one a few months back and thinks it's the fastest thing on the road. Even after showing him a pic of my new TE-63-1 turbo ( with my stock turbo also in the pic ) and telling him what was just done to my car, along with everything else that was already done to it, he still wants to run for money. He has a bone stock 97 5-speed Cobra. I admit it sounds good but I think I have no worries. I think all I have to worry about is what to spend the money on.

Originally posted by OneLethal87GN
..... Even after showing him a pic of my new TE-63-1 turbo ( with my stock turbo also in the pic ) and telling him what was just done to my car, along with everything else that was already done to it, he still wants to run for money......

Ya I dont think you have any problems either with the setup you got :D Forget telling him what you have done....guys like that think they can beat anything until they get whooped by a 'lil ol v6. :cool: good luck.

Great kill by the way kh440!!! ;)

My first time, I was 15 years old and it was the summer of '83. My best friend and I stole a case of Budweiser from his dad and drank most of it. My girlfriend was feelin' a little frisky and practically dragged me into her house. (Her dad worked nights) She pulled me into her room and pushed me down onto her bed. :eek:

Wait!!! What are we talking about? :D :D

Originally posted by GNeric
.....She pulled me into her room and pushed me down onto her bed....

:D damn....wish my first time was like that.....lmao

anyways.....my first time was only about 4 months ago (i was 18 then) and it was with about a 68 stang. Sounded pretty healthy (most likely a 351). Lined up at a signal and went for it. I went from idle n chirped into 2nd fairly well. Although I would have loved to whoop on a stang for my first race....it ended up being a very close race. I would say it was pretty much a tie, but I let off b/c of the upcoming railroad tracks (before i rebuilt my front end) so he would probably would say that he won...:rolleyes: Oh well, i had fun. :D

The beauty of having these cars back in the 80's was NOBODY knew what they were or what they could do.They muskrat crowd and the camaro crowd were alway so busy trying to show each other up that the fortunate and wise few of us had really easy pickings....

Originally posted by kh440
The beauty of having these cars back in the 80's was NOBODY knew what they were or what they could do.They muskrat crowd and the camaro crowd were alway so busy trying to show each other up that the fortunate and wise few of us had really easy pickings....

That, to some degree is still the case. For the most part, the reputation of our cars that was built in the '80s, suprercedes our cars. But most ricers look at mine and say its a POS (until they get their a$$ whooped) The look on their faces is absolutely priceless when this big ol' Buick starts building boost!! :D

Well, now I really gotta get this guy. He just won $50 off me because his team ( Duke ) went further in the NCAA tourney than my team ( UNC ). I think I'll run him double or nothing.

my first race ever...my GN was BONE FACTORY STOCK down to the airbox...this was when I first got the car in high school about 7 years ago...my friend had a brand new 97 Mustang GT with a few mods done to it and he thought he was the biggest sh!t around...he had no idea what he was up against...we both pulled onto the highway together and then we went at it...we ran until I hit 125 mph on the open road (fuel cutoff at that time) and he was about a mile back...i could barely see him...LOL then while I am trying to figure out why my car won't go any faster...here he comes along side me at 140+ mph and passed me like nothing...needless to say I told him my car was being governed at 125 and that's why he passed me...but otherwise I waxed him...those were the good ol days...oh yeah I will never go that fast ever again!!! scary sh!t

Just wait until you get to be my age. Something about getting dusted by a buick is one thing, but when it's some middle aged fart like myself it doubles the insult.

Originally posted by Hotair85
That, to some degree is still the case. For the most part, the reputation of our cars that was built in the '80s, precedes our cars.

You are so right. My barely modded GN (maybe a high 13s car) could roll into a group of built 5.0s and LS1s and stuff and nobody would want a piece, because of that GN reputation: when you see one show up, you can't tell if it's a 14-second stocker or a 9 second beast!

Originally posted by d0n_3d
my friend had a brand new 97 Mustang GT with a few mods done to it and he thought he was the biggest sh!t around...he had no idea what he was up against...

This guy now claims his car has " a little bit done to it". I told him I hope he has ALOT done to it or he might as well pay me now and save the time and gas. He has never rode in a GN, nor does he know anything about them. He only knows it has a 231 V6. After telling him my new mods, along with all the old ones, he still thinks his Cobra can whoop any li'l ole V6. My only problem will be my little tires and whether they can give much traction. Don't you just love Stang owners who know nothing about boosted Buicks?:D

SyHopeful: That is soo true. I always get respect from everybody (ex. stangs). "Thats one of them turbo's right, those are fast."

Nick