Young member.

19GN86

I just turned 16 in November and you all probably know my father, David(fast86gn) on this board. I'm his son, Geoff. New member here with the love for turbobuicks. I know quite a bit about the turbobuicks as he has taught me quite a bit over the years. I've made about 13 or 14 passes at the local 1/8 mile track(Redline) with 7.74@87 being my quickest E.T. Dad tells me he wishes he had this fast of a car when he was 16 :D . Well, I hope to meet some new people and to learn a lot more about these cars.

Geoff

welcome aboard! my son is 15 and just got his license. we are putting an 86 t type together for him now. great father/son thing to do. he will be racing in the high school king of the hill event here in vegas and tsm in bowling green. good luck!

Wow, Geoff, I have to say you are the first sixteen year old that I have seen type without using annoying short cuts like "u" and ending everything with a 'z'. Hell, if your really that intellegent and mature I wouldn't care about a 12 second car in your hands

welcome to the world of young guys with TRs. My buddy and I cruise the import gatherings and pick on the ricers, mainly because that's the only thing there is around here. Won't do much for picking up girls, but the ones that do hop in try to grab the dash in a hurry and then they forget about their boyfriends with their 5.slow mustangs :D

Yea, it is a great father/son thing. I will be participating in our Club's monthly bracket race for a chance to win some money ;). My daily driver is a 2000 Silverado and my father is having a sticker made up that reads " D & G Racing", I enjoy it quite a bit. Same here Vendor, I can't stand the little shortcuts with the typing and all. I'm hoping to run some 11.80's-11.90's in Temple as I have never run 1/4 mile, only 1/8. We've had our fair share of races, but the one I remember most was when we were heading out on Highway 66 and came up next to a very healthy sounding LS1 Camaro. Had the GN turned up on race gas and walked him 2-3 lengths and let off around 130 I believe. He never would look our way at the next stoplight.

Well I hope to meet a lot of great people and it is very nice to meet you all. :)

Geoff

I'm 19 and i drive my Gn daily. I guess we will probably meet in temple this march. I'm shooting for some 11's too. It will be a nice break from the books.

-jeff

Originally posted by 19GN86
Yea, it is a great father/son thing. I will be participating in our Club's monthly bracket race for a chance to win some money ;). My daily driver is a 2000 Silverado and my father is having a sticker made up that reads " D & G Racing", I enjoy it quite a bit. Same here Vendor, I can't stand the little shortcuts with the typing and all. I'm hoping to run some 11.80's-11.90's in Temple as I have never run 1/4 mile, only 1/8. We've had our fair share of races, but the one I remember most was when we were heading out on Highway 66 and came up next to a very healthy sounding LS1 Camaro. Had the GN turned up on race gas and walked him 2-3 lengths and let off around 130 I believe. He never would look our way at the next stoplight.

Well I hope to meet a lot of great people and it is very nice to meet you all. :)

Geoff

Hey man its nice to see a younger guy running the Gn. I should be at Temple as well in March with a few friends and there buicks. Good luck on the 11.80s and as Vendor stated its seems you are definitely mature enough to handle it. I think its great you and your dad work on the cars and race together, my dad and I work on mine and his other GNs a lot and having him there (my mom as well ;) ) to help and support my racing addiction has been tremendous. Good luck seeya there

Originally posted by iamjeff
I'm 19 and i drive my Gn daily. I guess we will probably meet in temple this march. I'm shooting for some 11's too. It will be a nice break from the books.

-jeff

iamjeff do you go to UT there in Austin? Just curious as my sister goes there. She drives a red 2000 Z28, so if you see her out at SAR or running around say Hi, she always gets excited to see a GN. See you at Temple
J.D.

HEY GEOFF!

Hey Geoff,

Welcome to the board!!

For anyone who doesn't know Geoff or his dad, David (aka "fast86gn") they are both die-hard Buick guys and *very* active with our local club here in the Dallas area (Lone Star Performance Buick Club). Geoff's dad is currently the vice president and dedicates many hours of his personal time to club business and club members. They also share a sweet '86 GN and a really sharp '70 GS clone (Best of both worlds!)

:D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

Rob

Actually i go to A&M. it seems like i see more GN's here then I ever did back home.

-jeff

Originally posted by iamjeff
Actually i go to A&M. it seems like i see more GN's here then I ever did back home.

-jeff

ah ok a fellow aggie:D I go to A&M Galveston. And ive only seen one other GN than mine down here on the island:(

Welcome Geoff, I know you have know me for a while but i just thought i would give the youngster a shout. I remember the days when i was 15 and rolling around in my Buick, very fun, but different.lol Just keep it safe and don't do anthing you are not comfortable with at the track and you should be alright. Hey, let me know when your ready to mod that truck up, i have a few helpful ideas for you:cool:

later,

I also forgot to add that I am one of the young guns on here, being 19. There really aren't many of us in our age group that apperciate these cars. My car is my daily driver. I got my buick when I was 17 and I had that el camino thats in my sig (which was an unfinished project) when I was 16-17. One of these days I am hoping to get my car in the 11s. My ultimate goal is 11.50 (as fast as possible w/o a roll cage) but we'll see how things go. I got a year of school to finish up and then I can worry about it... Good luck with it

You know Geoff, I'll be gunnin' for you at the bracket races now! I'm also a young buick guy, got into them when i was 13 with my dad when we bought our '71 GS455 convertible clone. I've been 16 since June but haven't gotten my license yet, but my daily driver will be an '84 Regal Limited with an '85 gn motor that has an '87 setup on it. Hoping to run low 13's with it! I figure that's quick enough for a daily driven car for a 16 year old.

Josh
See you all at Temple!

Originally posted by '71buickg.s.
You know Geoff, I'll be gunnin' for you at the bracket races now! I'm also a young buick guy, got into them when i was 13 with my dad when we bought our '71 GS455 convertible clone. I've been 16 since June but haven't gotten my license yet, but my daily driver will be an '84 Regal Limited with an '85 gn motor that has an '87 setup on it. Hoping to run low 13's with it! I figure that's quick enough for a daily driven car for a 16 year old.

Josh
See you all at Temple!

Josh , from an "old" experiencied "drunk dude"...stay V8 naturally aspirated V8 Buick.....You'll go just as fast for the same $$$$$ and keep your sanity, it'll also keep you from derinking..trust me.....:)

[QUOTEYou know Geoff, I'll be gunnin' for you at the bracket races now!

Josh
See you all at Temple! [/B][/QUOTE]

I will be quote"gunnin" for both of you! Be Ready!

Cody! I would've had you on the final round of the last race, but i spun at the line!! The people at Kennedale wouldn't wet the water box down for anything! I had to do it myself a few times. I was leaving off idle that whole night, we were having brake issues with the GS. Buick man, We (Marty and I) have the best of both worlds. I actually sold my first car (1970 skylark custom) to Fast86gn on this board for a turbo car, but we still have the GS, as well as my dad's '85 I like the new school buick technology but I'll never lose my roots (big block thunder!)

Josh

Congrats Geoff, I'm surprised Dave doesn't want to drive the fastest car at Temple, he'll be in granny's car :D Maybe you'll get paired with your Dad and you can whip up on him!
See all ya'll at Temple.

Dude, I think not, i was running within 3-4 hundredths of my dial in, and i was spinning half way down the track and launching off idle also. but i made it work!

PS: hell, i ran my dial in one run!