Young member.

Heh, just realized I said I sold my 'lark to David Newton... I meant to say sixgun86gn, not Fast86gn

*lowers head and backs out of room*

Josh

Thanks guys for all your support.

Yea Rob, I don't know if we'll be bringing the GS though as the header is still cracked somewhere we cant find and it is in the paint shop right now. It will probably be me in the GN, but my dad might make 1-2 passes for himself. Hoping for 11.90's out of it since we got the new torque convertor put in it. I wouldn't mind racing the GS though as it is much more consistent than the turbocars.:D

Yea I know you(Josh) and Cody will be gunning for me , the new guy :p. I have never bracket raced though, :( all my passes have been Test N' Tune. I'll be practicing this Sunday though if we go to Redline.

Thanks for welcoming me and I'll be waiting for you in Temple to bash on the X'ers!!:cool:

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
Congrats Geoff, I'm surprised Dave doesn't want to drive the fastest car at Temple, he'll be in granny's car :D Maybe you'll get paired with your Dad and you can whip up on him!
See all ya'll at Temple.

Dad here:D I was planning on taking both cars to Temple, but it doesn't look like the GS will be ready in time. Right now it is the Paint & Body shop getting a small makover. I still have the issue of a cracked header and a few other small things. A new cam is coming along with new shorty headers but not in time for Temple.

Trying to get it ready for the upcoming show season as well. You know me I race and show!

Geoff, will get most of the seat time at Temple. I'll make a few passes just to give him something to shoot at:D The GN is going to be his and I already know what it will run so I have been spending my time on the GS. I haven't run the 1/4 mile since the gear swap and I am curious as to what it will run but I have to get everything fixed first. Maybe a MCCC event at Ennis later in the year who knows.

Take care guys,
Dad

Hey Geoff,,,tell your punk ass dad to give me a call,,haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks. Ray

I don't know David, maybe HE should give YOU something to shoot for? Nobody gives us young guys any respect! :) All kidding aside I think it'd be cool to have sort of a father vs son kind of race, Geoff vs David Me vs Marty winners from each race then race for something? I don't know, just throwing out ideas to make it fun!

Originally posted by '71buickg.s.
I don't know David, maybe HE should give YOU something to shoot for? Nobody gives us young guys any respect! :) All kidding aside I think it'd be cool to have sort of a father vs son kind of race, Geoff vs David Me vs Marty winners from each race then race for something? I don't know, just throwing out ideas to make it fun!

Well sure the father vs. son is ok with me but you have to have two cars for that.:D

Are you still looking for a driver?

You'd only need two cars if you were running heads up! We could run it bracket style... or... see who gets the best time out of the car, best of 3 runs each. I THINK I'm still looking for a driver, can't seem to get a definite yes out of my mom, she thinks the things nasty! Who cares if the headliner's a little saggy? So what if there's a bungee cord holding the trunk closed? Why does it matter if it lacks paint, shine, or matching hubcaps? It's a SLEEPER! Why do you ask? you lookin for a car to drive down there? If you want to drive it, I'm fine with it!

Attachments

• mvc-003s.jpg
    mvc-003s.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 216
You mean this one is not a sleeper:eek:

Attachments

• mycar2.jpg
    mycar2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 203
Here is a another:D

I asked about the driver because I thought you wasn't going to be able to bring your car? I was going to trailer the GN down and Geoff drive the GS, but now the GS is staying home.

Attachments

• mycar1.jpg
    mycar1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 196
Young guys will be older guys

Yeah its an addiction. And it will be your fathers' fault.

It started in 85 with a GN, then a T Type in 87 brand new.

Numerous toys from ATR, forays into the world of Stage parts all over the country and it just goes on from there.

Yeah its fun.

Yeah that sounds kinda fun Josh. I do weigh less than my dad that's for sure!;) I'll sure give him a run for his money though. That is a true sleeper Josh, lol:p . Yeah, it is an addiction and yes it all started when my father bought the GN in 1996.:D But if my father drives that sleeper down , Josh, how am I supposed to get their? I havent even gotten my permit yet.:rolleyes:

Later guys, First period is almost over.

If you don't even have your permit yet, how were ya going to drive the gs down?:p Hopefully I can talk my mom into it, or even another LSPBC member... I get my license a month after- April 4th, timing kinda sucks this year!

It's called " playing your cool and driving it anyways. ";) I've been told I looked 17+ years of age because of my height and size. Well we will probably end up trailering the GN down their anyways. If the GS had been ready though I would have driven it down. See ya'll in Temple!

Better start convincing....:p I didn't even have to say anything, my dad was just like " You'll just drive the GS down their " ...:)

;) So true....still would have been a blast to drive it down though. Won't be as slow as it is for long, gonna do a little bit of work to it in the next few months, along with some laughing gas. :eek:

Haha I know what you mean, I wonder if i can convince my dad....

Josh,

That would be a NOOOOOOO! Next question. I gave you those fine hubcaps. What more can you possibly expect?

Dad (Marty)

Haha I know what you mean, I wonder if i can convince my dad....

I am just glad Josh knows me better than to even ask!!! Gee whiz, I gave him those cool hubcaps. What more could a kid want???????

David,
I hope you are putting a 250 shot of juice on your car so you can keep up with my rag top!!!!! G & D racing sounds like a good idea. I have 3 children and a wife I'm trying to get into racin' which is why I used my last name in my sponsorship for Temple. Hopefully it will be a family thing!!!
Marty