Young TB generation

19 when I got mine, 36 now and still have it. Making room for my first Stage motor. Gosh time flies.

I had a none turbo 85 Regal for my first car at 16, that planted the bug. I got an 84 WH1 T Type at 18 and the 87 GN I have now at 22. Still have the GN and I'm 28 now and have no plans of ever getting rid of it!

19 when I got mine, 36 now and still have it. Making room for my first Stage motor. Gosh time flies.

I was 19 when I bought my current one too. To you young fellows, enjoy it while you can as it does go fast. I had an '84 T-Type I traded on the current one.

Interesting reading: My first car was a 1972 plymouth duster with a 6 cylinder. I sold that to buy a 1978 oldsmobile cutlass supreme. I loved that car. I went to the navy and I sold the olds to my uncle while I was in the navy. When I got back from the navy, I bought a 1987 monte carlo ls with a 4.3 engine. That was a great car till I totalled it when an idiot got in my way. I sent everyone in the other car to the hospital! Don't worry, no one died but it goes to show how strong those cars were. I was about 21 then. Once the insurance paid off the car, I went and bought a 1987 camaro z28. Not the fastest car in the world but man did I enjoy that car. I remember getting wooped by a gn amongst other cars and since I still could not afford a gn, I sold that car about a year later and bought a 92 fox body mustang. I was about 22 when i bought the mustang and i am now 41. I guess you could say I had it a long time but that gn was always in the back of my mind. Had it till about 4 months ago when i sold it to a friend. I was able to go 9 seconds in the quarter mile in it but driveability suffered. I guess i got in over my head, plus my wallet wasn't cooperating plus it was time for a change. My budget was about 12k. I started looking and noticed that gn's were still pricey. I was looking for one in the 60k to 80k mileage range but even those were either still more than what my budget was or was too far from me. One day I looked in racing junk and saw my Grand National! I knew it was for me when I saw it and it was in my price range but it was in north carolina and i am in florida. The owner was asking 12,500 but we worked out a deal for 11k plus $500 for shipping. It has 127k miles on it but it really is in superb conditions. Even has original paint. Its not perfect but its mine. The ex-owners really cared for the car. It has more miles than what I wanted but beggers cant be choosers especially with a limited budget. At 41 years old, I finally have a Grand National! Took me long enough! Moral of the story, never give up. To all the youngsters, these cars mean alot to us older fellas. Please appreciate the nostalgia that comes with these cars and what these cars mean to a group of us that got older right along with these cars. I guess at the end, all we take with us are the memories throughout our lives. Make your own memories and one day you will know what I am talking about.;)

Im 30 but have been a car nut from birth. I remember being in the car in 86 and seeing my first grand national. All the cars that are from that era appeal to me. The ones that left the biggest impression I own or have owned. Starting with an 87 monte carlo, owned for a month and it got totalled. 79 caprice coupe with the wrap around window, I always loved the way they looked. It was a must have. The 85 t type I got a month before my 30th b-day. I also want an 80's malibu wagon. I have a 95 z28 because they were the sh*t when I was a teen and getting to driving age. Impressions as a kid are directly responsible for my vehicular passions. I saw this cheap, straight and solid but worn 87 monte the other day. I have an urge to buy it. Then scuff, rust convert and spray a coat of bedliner on the whole thing. Add lift spindles and taller springs, mud tires fab up a grill guard and some lights, and just beat the snot out of it. It has an old maaco spray job(probably saving it from rotting out) and isnt worth restoring.( its not a super sport) I think I can do this whole project for under 1200 bucks.

got mine when i was 15, turning 25 in august. It's been sitting in the garage with the motor/trans out for 2 years now.

Bought my Turbo T when I was 18; had to sell it two years later to help pay for school. (Priorities...)

I got my GN last year when I was 28. Don't plan on selling this one anytime soon.

ive had a few i just turned 25 but have had buick's around me for a long time.. my uncle's best friend had a GN TTA and a Syclone, he would let me move it and park it etc...finally bought one when i was about 20-21...ive flown thru maybe 4-5 since then...currently only own one my 86 wh1..