Young TB generation

I was 24 when I bought my first GN in 1987, sold it when my first daughter was born- something I deeply regret...especially when I know it's location and see it occasionally (owner won't sell it back). Bought my current car 7 years ago.

I learned to drive in my Dad's 500hp Turbo T in 1995/6 and then I got my WH1 as a gift to myself when I made E6 in the Navy about 3 years ago. I'm 31 now but look a lot younger. Get a lot of comments about people being surprised I drive that. Of course my wife has a fully loaded 2011 Ford Explorer...talk about a boring SUV!

Got my 87 GN when I was about 35. That was a dozen years ago. It's still the most satisfying muscle car that I've ever owned. I have no plans to ever sell it.

Mike Barnard

18 when I got my first one. Almost 36 now.

I was 23 when I bought my first GN in 1990. Goes to show what sort of product Buick needs to offer to lower the average age of buyers from geriatric to young & strapping. :D I guess they're trying with the current Turbo Regal.
seriously whoever shutdown the Gn project should have been taken out back and beaten

"hmm these cars are selling like hotcakes, they've brought back life to the muscle car world, their dominating at local drag strips....yes, yes we should stop making these damn cars right away!"

"hmm these cars are selling like hotcakes, they've brought back life to the muscle car world, their dominating at local drag strips....yes, yes we should stop making these damn cars right away!"

They killed the body long before the popularity of these cars really took off. Those "extra" 10,000 GN's they built in 1987 were in response to its popularity in the market. We're lucky to have those. It would have dimished the nameplate if they would have started cranking them out even longer. The chassis was new in the 70's and FWD platforms were the new direction for GM b/c of EPA etc. They did what they could using superchargers and such on the 3800's, to good extent and to an expanded model lineup, but the FWD trannies were always an issue with truly BIG horsepower cars in FWD. It wasn't until the 97 FWD cars that a decent HD tranny was used on the FWD supercharged cars. I think those cars, despite being FWD, will have their day someday too. And as far as I know, GN's never got 30mpg's, but the supercharged cars do. I'll still take my RWD TR any day, but the chassis feels, and is very old.

They killed the body long before the popularity of these cars really took off. Those "extra" 10,000 GN's they built in 1987 were in response to its popularity in the market. We're lucky to have those. It would have dimished the nameplate if they would have started cranking them out even longer. The chassis was new in the 70's and FWD platforms were the new direction for GM b/c of EPA etc. They did what they could using superchargers and such on the 3800's, to good extent and to an expanded model lineup, but the FWD trannies were always an issue with truly BIG horsepower cars in FWD. It wasn't until the 97 FWD cars that a decent HD tranny was used on the FWD supercharged cars. I think those cars, despite being FWD, will have their day someday too. And as far as I know, GN's never got 30mpg's, but the supercharged cars do. I'll still take my RWD TR any day, but the chassis feels, and is very old.
well i guess at this point who cares how many they made as long as I have mine lol :D

not so young.. but 34 had mines since 2006, bought w/ 18k miles. NOOBish to GN's... but am reading alot and learning.

Honda owner since 93' tho.. I was one of the early ones and am in that crowd. I roadrace my Honda tho. Sorry you can't stand me.
ha well as long as you have a gn lol I ll overlook the honda :D

haha.. Gee thanks, buddy. My friends say its like that WB cartoon, Spike and son. A big mean beefy bulldog not one messes with and a yappy lil hyper puppy. lol.

haha.. Gee thanks, buddy. My friends say its like that WB cartoon, Spike and son. A big mean beefy bulldog not one messes with and a yappy lil hyper puppy. lol.
Haha its ok man my first car was a prelude with a jap motor...<sinnner lol

I was 24 when I bought my first GN in 1987, sold it when my first daughter was born- something I deeply regret...especially when I know it's location and see it occasionally (owner won't sell it back). Bought my current car 7 years ago.
I had to sell my C6 when my daughter was born..suckks...But I like the GN a hell of a lot more

haha nahh man you just got the dr jekyll, mr hyde thing going on lol

You know.. All the ladies in my life say "You're a Gemini and you have two sides to you!" .. the f that means... sheesh... hahaa.. and now this. I think I'm having an identity crisis. fml. lol.