Your Dream 109 Bullet proof motor?

No that just says I'm prepped. Lol. I understand shit happens!
Oh and I'm a firm believer in u must believe in it to come to fruition! Motivates me! Lol

Oh and this will come from the corn! I'm doing it on e85
Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Hey Dave , at least a new MAF is all yours needs ...LOL

Bryan

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Wish I could say your right. It's only gonna hold so much power. In talking with what are considered the two best Buick builders...both had the same reasoning behind low 9 sec 109's. The center of the block was not cast with enough strength to hold the power. The girdle keeps the crank from moving and flexing, but the lack of structural iron in the center of the block insures it will fail in this area. Doesn't matter how good your tune is. It's just pressure and micro vibration. JW's block is a freak of nature so to speak. There is no way anyone would ever build you a motor and tell you it will do the same.
I'm into a huge $$$ build and was told...you'll make great power but your block is the weak point.
Your just not understanding where the failure is going to come from. You think tune is going to allow you to extend the amount of output that the lack of mass is going to prevent. Buy a TA and be done. Then achieve your perfect tune. That block has the mass to absorb that level of power.

Would HardBlok-ing a 109 help, hurt, or not be a factor in increasing the size of the load a 109 can stomach?

No, not for long, but you're welcome to try and be the first.

There are plenty of folks out there that are willing to take your money and prove me right. Most here will tell you "No Thanks" because this board is about real expectations and real results.

You should spend some time here........
Let me tell u what I have learned on this board. The fast guys don't share any info. U wanna go fast be prepaired to spend some $$$. U gotta pay to play. I figure if I'm going to spend 30k on 2 motors. I'm paying someone to tune my car. Paying someone to work on my suspension ect. Everbody pays. Whether its paying to build a motor, for parts, advise. ... ect... shit cost money.

Good Luck SAMBALLS1 can't wait to see the build and progress thread. Take lots of pictures.

Let me tell u what I have learned on this board. The fast guys don't share any info. U wanna go fast be prepaired to spend some $$$. U gotta pay to play. I figure if I'm going to spend 30k on 2 motors. I'm paying someone to tune my car. Paying someone to work on my suspension ect. Everbody pays. Whether its paying to build a motor, for parts, advise. ... ect... shit cost money.

Ya know, nobody has asked if your talking 1/8th or 1/4 mile yet....... ;)

Just so you know, I have the slowest completely steet Buick ever slapped together under an old shade tree by some guy who doesn't know squat about what a Turbo Buick is and therferore, I spent only spent $145 total dollars getting there, so I have no idea where you're coming from with this post.

I just got tired of working on it and asked the Sea-Doo mechanic from down the street to come over and finish it up.

Additionally, this is my very first fast car so.........you know.

I don't even know how it's still running.......

Really, it's true, check out my build specs........:rolleyes:

Ya know, nobody has asked if your talking 1/8th or 1/4 mile yet....... ;)

Just so you know, I have the slowest completely steet Buick ever slapped together under an old shade tree by some guy who doesn't know squat about what a Turbo Buick is and therferore, I spent only spent $145 total dollars getting there, so I have no idea where you're coming from with this post.

I just got tired of working on it and asked the Sea-Doo mechanic from down the street to come over and finish it up.

Additionally, this is my very first fast car so.........you know.

I don't even know how it's still running.......

Really, it's true, check out my build specs........:rolleyes:
The gn is considered a rich man's toy. Its a money pit. . . . Lol

The gn is considered a rich man's toy. Its a money pit. . . . Lol

Ah yes,

But unfortunately, I have a lowly, butcher paper white, crank window, bench seat , column shifter Turbo Regal that just won't run right, possibly because it was built by a couple of novices ...... I never have been able to figure out how to keep up with you GN guys........

Are you anywhere around the Phoenix area?

I must say,I'd be real proud to get beat by this car you speak of, in street trim.............;)

No actually I'm far from everyone. Nearest place to me with some decent running gns is austin amd thats hrs away. It would be a pleasure to see a fellow gn guy on the street!

No actually I'm far from everyone. Nearest place to me with some decent running gns is austin amd thats hrs away. It would be a pleasure to see a fellow gn guy on the street!

Well again, the offer in Phoenix is always here and if I make it I make it to Austin, I'll be be sure to look you up and "keep it wierd".........:D

Again, good luck and keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!

Well again, the offer in Phoenix is always here and if I make it I make it to Austin, I'll be be sure to look you up and "keep it wierd".........:D

Again, good luck and keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!
Lol. Its is weird! But great place!

I learned a few things in this thread...

I'm going back to the shop to change up my whole engine setup since the way I have it now it shouldn't run 8s.. :)

I do agree that weight (and 3 bolt turbo) are the limiting factors for a TSM car..

Now with a 4 bolt exhaust housing and say 2900-3000 lb car I can see 8.30-8.40s (500 lbs lighter than my car and lower backpressure)

I'm going back to the shop to change up my whole engine setup since the way I have it now it shouldn't run 8s.. :)

I do agree that weight (and 3 bolt turbo) are the limiting factors for a TSM car..

Now with a 4 bolt exhaust housing and say 2900-3000 lb car I can see 8.30-8.40s (500 lbs lighter than my car and lower backpressure)

SAMBALLS1 why not buy Jason's 8 sec buick and have him help you get it to low 8's, it will cost you less that building 2 109 stroker motors.

SAMBALLS1 why not buy Jason's 8 sec buick and have him help you get it to low 8's, it will cost you less that building 2 109 stroker motors.
Because I want to do it on my own. I pride myself on saying I built it. I myself do all the removal &installation of any upgrades I do. Only thing I personally didn't do to my car is the role cage. I'm pretty knowledgeable and very efficient when turning wrenches. I have done very well with my personal cars in the past and just wanted to step it up to the "next level!" Buying an 8sec car is not the same as building one for me!....

I had a previous car I had been racing with and its was already a 10.02 car. Unfortunately as I drove the car one weekend to work for an inspection sticker, I was t-boned by some careless woman that was too busy on the phone. Needless to say I lost interest in the car because of the accident. Scrapped the car for parts and started a whole new build on a nicer low mileage gn. I'm in the car business and didn't like the car got burned on car fax. Only damage was front left fender amd driver door. I was really upset because it was so nominal damage, but I had to get a lawyer involved as her insurance denied my claim and wanted to pay me 1300 and total it. . . . Said it wasnt worth much because it was a buick regal..... this was told to me directly by the stupid adjuster that worked for dairyland co mutual. Lol.. well I sued their ass.

My guess would be to start with a std bore 109. have it sonic tested and then have it cryo dipped to increase its molecular strength. Because everyone is in agreement that the block is the weakest link so girdles and caps wouldn't be my focus, maybe a touch of hard block in the bottom after it has be cryogenically treated. Everything else to make it go 8s is already available to purchase but I feel getting the blocks as strong as u can make it will be the key then put 4 caps and a girdle for piece of mind whether u need it or not

Better get busy !!!!! Bowling Green is coming up fast...........LMAO

Hope to see you there.

Bryan