Z06 6-piston calipers?

CruizinKev

I just found Z06 calipers and wondering what I need to use them with my 1979 Monte Carlo.

Already looked at kore3 and flynbye but I'm not 100% sure what parts I need.

You could help me with that?

Anyone already did the swap with a G-Body? Any pics?

I got 18x8 BOSS 338 rims up front so I think they should clear the 6-piston caliper - they do?

Thanks,
-Kev

ed miller from flynbye makes brackets that you can use with 98-05 2wd Blazer spindles (as seen in the 11" bolt on brakes thread)

but I'd recommend just spending the money to use SC&C's AFX spindles. they are basically corvette spindles modified to fit our cars. they are also tall spindles, meaning they will impove your camber curve (but you nee to use aftermarket upper A-arms or else you'll need a huge stack of shims. they also have a shorter steering arm in better location to improve turning radius and eliminate the bumpsteer problem these cars have.

Call KORE3. They are extremely nice dudes over there. You'll be set up in no time! It's a lot easier to call and talk to them instead trying to find it online.

Savitske C&C has the G5 suspension package with modified C5 Corvette spindles that work on the G-Body platform. That means you can use any C5 or C6 brake package on these spindles.

The AFX spindles are a cheaper alternative to the G5 with a completely new spindle that also uses C5/C6 components BUT the whole company (AFX) has been bought out by SpeedTech so you'd have to call them and see if they'd have the G-body spindles available yet or if they ever intend to produce them again for that matter.