You can type here any text you want

.001 over bearings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jpwalt1987

Well, I just checked out my main and rod clearances on my Eagle crank and K-1 rod engine. Needless to say its as loose as a $2 hooker. .003 to be exact. This was checked with a dial bore gauge and mic. very carefully at that too. Anyway, the bearings are the FM 107m and 7120ch race bearings. Both sets are standard. The federal mogul website lists STD- 1 -10 as far as sizes go. Is the 1 , .001 over or .001 under. Basically I need a .001 thicker bearing. Where can I get them(quickly)????? Let me know. thanks , Jeremy

Is it too much because the crank pins have been turned down or because the main and rod journals are too big?

The main journals mic'd out at 2.499 and the rods came in at 2.249. This is an Eagle crank straight out of the box. I locked the mic at the above measurements and zeroed my dial bore gauge to the correct mark and came up with .003 on the mains and rods. I have checked several times just eliminate any chance of error. I have heard that some people using the eagle cranks have had to do some work to get the clearances right. thanks, jeremy

Back