You can type here any text you want

03-04 Cobra

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackmonte

New HP Technology !!!
I ran against a yellow Cobra last night he had his girlfriend in the car so he cant lie about it hehe, anyway I was trying to make a left hand turn out of my subdivision and a yellow cobra lets me hear his loud exhaust so I quickly make a right to catch up to him from a roll these cars are quick he pulled a small amount on me but could not pull anymore so I wanted to try from a stop which he never came to a complete stop but I tried anyway , I pulled a good car on him and stayed in front the whole time . needless to say I was quite happy with the results and at the end he said wicked car man , I said not bad for a 20 year old v6 huh? he said yeah but I didn't get much traction heheh . one thing though about his car it had a very loud whine to the blower? :biggrin:

I sold my 2004 Cobra to buy my Buick.....still debating if it was a mistake or not. I loved the Cobra and the whine......Mine had a 2.80 pulley, Borla exhaust and misc little tweaks made to it. It ran a best of 12.4 at the track with minor mods. My Buick the first time out ran a 12.6 with lots left, then the engine blew and here I sit! Anyway, good deal on matching the Cobra's performance.......those cars are awesome cars and yes, 20 year old technology keeping up with today's cars is just a great feat to accomplish, good job!!!!!

I sold my 2004 Cobra to buy my Buick.....still debating if it was a mistake or not. I loved the Cobra and the whine......Mine had a 2.80 pulley, Borla exhaust and misc little tweaks made to it. It ran a best of 12.4 at the track with minor mods. My Buick the first time out ran a 12.6 with lots left, then the engine blew and here I sit! Anyway, good deal on matching the Cobra's performance.......those cars are awesome cars and yes, 20 year old technology keeping up with today's cars is just a great feat to accomplish, good job!!!!!

Dont worry your not missing to much with your cobra, you made the right decision. It wont cost as much to fix the buick as that cobra! I love these storys when old beats new. lol

What kind of numbers do you think you are running? I have a friend with a bone stock '03 cobra, and he is insists "there is no way that old 6 could keep up". My car is stock right now (save for a 2-1/2" hooker exhaust, air bags, and drag radials), but sometime in the next 3 weeks, will have some 009's w/chip, fp, hotwire and fuel pressure reg. Anyone think I have a chance now? after these few upgrades?

I just hate those pony boys' attitudes.

I have raced a few low 12 cars and and walked on them so my "guess" is high 11's The GT 6162 is going on the car soon so we will see how that peforms.I am not sure what his Cobra runs but the car sounded cool .My car with Alky and drag radials running 23-25 lbs of boost is so fun to drive :D

What kind of numbers do you think you are running? I have a friend with a bone stock '03 cobra, and he is insists "there is no way that old 6 could keep up". My car is stock right now (save for a 2-1/2" hooker exhaust, air bags, and drag radials), but sometime in the next 3 weeks, will have some 009's w/chip, fp, hotwire and fuel pressure reg. Anyone think I have a chance now? after these few upgrades?

I just hate those pony boys' attitudes.
You have no chance in a stock vs. stock matchup as an 03-04 Cobra is fully a second faster in stock trim. You're gonna need a few mods unless he's a complete failure as a driver.

I would consider this a posibility. :tongue:

I don't have a chance now, but any chance after the 009's, etc?
My GN hasn't been on the road in years, so I can't speak into the Buick mods side of it, but a stock Cobra should run a low 13 @ 109 or better with a competent drive. Since a stock GN is roughly a 13.9 car at 100 mph you have nearly a full second and almost 10 mph to make up. Depending on the type of race you do (roll/dig) would determine whether the ET or MPH would be the more important factor from your competition.

IMO your best chance is from a dig. Good Luck. I own both cars, so I have no favorite, but since this post is on Turbobuicks I'll root for you. :smile:

You're not going to be much faster with the mods you mentioned. You're still at factory boost. You need to spend $500 on an alky kit and that will add about 100+ horsepower. Nothing like turning the boost from the factory 15 lbs to 25lbs and having a completely different type of car from one little mod.

Put $1000 in mods into the car and dont look back. One of the main reasons I bought my GN was it had everything I wanted plus more and the Razor's kit came installed.:biggrin:

ALky is next, just have to allocate extra funds- the MRS. is already for it. It was only a couple of days ago that she drove it for the first time and mentioned "that was fun, but what did you say you have to do to make this faster?"

Thats why I love her. hmm my B-day is coming up...

Back