You can type here any text you want

1.462 60'

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
Went back to the track today an they only let us run the 1/8th again. Iam having flaky fueling problems and wondering if my ram air or my MAF sensor location is messing me up. Think its going to take some street tunning to figure it out. I did yank my drivers front tire about a foot in the air and cut a 1.462 60'. I was sick today and decided to let my nephew make the last 2 passes in the car. This was a good decision because I got to hear people in the stands talking about the V6 trans am that was yanking the front wheels. When I was sitting in the stands on my nephews first run I heard the guy sitting right behind me say to his buddy " Watch this TA run this things cool, it yanks the front wheels an its got a V6 in it!" So after hearing that I decided to turn around and tell them a little bit about TTA's (and of course let them know who the owner was :D ).

That was part one part two is better! A guy with a big block 70' cuda actually asked me for one of my time slips! He said his son was a TA fan and that he wanted to show him a time slip from this V6 TA that was at the track.

Part 3. I need a new helmet if any body has one because I dont think my head will fit in my old one any more ;) .

I'm going to get drunk now: Jason

Hi Jason!

That must have been like a mule kick in your ass with the 1.46 60 feet!

PS: I have never seen a TTA with the wheels in the air, any movie or pics on it?

If you have, please e-mail them to me! 021.335004@telia.com

Thanks and good luck!

Hey Postal, What kind of mods do you have on the car? What are your times? If you don't mind me asking.

That's an awesome 60 foot time. I was wondering if you where leaving off of a transbrake? If so what kind of tbrake and who did the trans?
Just wondering b/c I am going to get my trans done and I was considering a T-brake.
THANKS
JOE

Mojilla, Thats launching off the foot brake at 8 to 10 lbs. I have a tubular torque arm, adjustable lower control arms(set to stock length), ford 9" with 3.25 gears and a detroit locker, drivers side air bag with 22#'s, no sway bars hooked up, 28x9 M/T et drags with 15#'s in them.

Swede, I'm cursed and cant get a good pic when I launch it hard. My nephew did snap a nice pic prob at the peak of my launch and a stupid guard rail is right in the way. Hopefully some one will get a real nice shot of it on camera or video soon and I'll post it.

Tim, I ran 11.30@118.6 on my old set up with a 1.698 60'. T63E,walbro 340, MSD 50's, 3.5" maf, T-plus, Ext chip, Full 3" exh, Stretch IC, new valve springs, AC 9" N/L, HD trans. My new set up is the same as my old set up except:
1. went to a ford 9" and rear suspension mods. This is the only thing I see paying off yet. The car made 5 passes this week end and 3 of my 60's where in the 1.4's.

2. I put a RJC power plate on.

3. Made my own cold air/ram air induction.

4. Went from a bowling green customs stretch IC to a used ATR liquid IC set up that I modified. I added two 5 gal fuel cells to hold ice water and I added a second pump. I run two 1/2" supply lines to the IC and a pair of 1/2" return lines.

The last 3 things dont seam to be paying any dividends yet. I just cant seam to find out where to set my T-plus for fuel. I have been getting the strangest o2 readings you can imagine and I'm on my 3rd o2 sensor already. When I had my car out two years ago I would get rock steady o2's all the way down the track. This year I get o2's that will jump from .023 to .860 and all sort of readings in between. The weird thing is that the car runs really hard through first gear and part of second and then starts this stumbling/ bumbling **** and these goofy o2's. I still ran some 11.60's at the nats with this going on. I did change back to ac 42 plugs, found two flaky plug wires, and found a flaky connection on my fuel pump hot wire relay. About 95% of the stumbling is gone but I'm still getting the wacked out o2's. In michigan they only let us run the 1/8th mile d/t having a wet track and by clearing up most of the stumble in it I have knocked about 3 tenths off of what my 1/8th mile times where at the nats. I'm just going to need some time to get this figured out.

NO, I'm running some crappy Bosch o2 sensors from advanced auto parts. I was thinking about going to a heated o2 though. Is that a good or bad idea?

I have only had good luck with the GM origianl O2's...actually I use the AFS23 which is made for the GNX...

GMPARTSDIRECT.com is the cheapest source like 26 bucks...or if ya have a hookup at a local dealer..The difference being the GNX one suppossedly was made of a higher temp material so it had less chances of flaking off and damagingthe porcelain turbo.

A lot of guys have switched to the Denso o2's..there is a post rite now in the general discussion section of the board about them..

i only have personal experience with the AFS23 GM..Actually only have ever bought but one. :D and its in the car.

Your dropoutouts can be a lot of things..my car would react similar when using race gas and a high timing chip..

Do you have direct scan..record the run..lemme see..maybe I can see something that you cant??

If for some reason you cant locate the part number..hollar and I'll dig it up..

HEATED 02 SENSORS

Originally posted by postal
NO, I'm running some crappy Bosch o2 sensors from advanced auto parts. I was thinking about going to a heated o2 though. Is that a good or bad idea?

Jason,

Un-heated 02 sensors were the prehistoric units commonly used 18-20 years ago. Heated 02 sensors are all that GM has used for quite some time, because they have several worthwhile advantages over the outdated "Fred Flintstone" un-heated sensor.

2 are: (1) gets a cold-cranked car into closed-loop operation faster; and (2) overall longevity is significantly improved, especially if used with race fuel, in comparison to the antique un-heated sensors.

John Spina of www.casperselectronics.com makes the plug-n-play conversion kit (comes with a new heated 02 sensor).

Call & speak with John directly if any more Qs regarding their many advantages...he's a great vendor/manufacturer/inventor,
with terrific Customer Service.

Plus, it's very easily & quickly installed!

HTH :)

Sounds like MAF dropout to me, my pop's GN did the same exact thing untill Eric Marshall programed inot the chip a MAF lock at WOT....problem solved! One other thing I had on my GN and have seen on my pop's GN, if your using Direct Scan, sometimes this thing will cause the ECM to go flakey and cause the ECM to go to sleep off and on causing a stumble/popping like problem. Typically you will see crap like the O2 volts going to 0 or the VSS showing 0 MPH during a WOT pass... HTH

Hi Jason,
Off the subject.

I seen that you were from central Illinois so I looked at your profile and I thought this was kinda interesting. I am from central Illinois I was born in 1970 and like you I am an electrician.:D

Jeff

Originally posted by Razor
A lot of guys have switched to the Denso o2's..there is a post rite now in the general discussion section of the board about them..

I have put about 25-30 gallons of 110 leaded though
the car since the Denso has been in. CC's are great.
Can't beat it for $21 IMO

Jeff: I was born in Pekin. I now live in Leroy Which is off of I-74. About 15 miles east of Bloomington. Do you have a TTA? It would be cool to hook up some time with some local Buick turbo powered cars and take a cruise. They are having the midwest Pontiac nationals at Cordova next weekend I was thinking about taking my car there and racing in it. I just got to try to get my car running a little better.

Jason

Jason, I sold my WE4 last week. I really hated to sell it but I just moved into a different house and I want to build a seperate garage in the back yard then I will get another turbo buick. I would love to see your car sometime though. You are less than an hour away I think.

Can you send me any pisc of it?

Here are some pics of the car I just sold
http://photos.yahoo.com/jeffz79

Jeff

Back