You can type here any text you want

1-for-1

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

motorhead445

Today I was working at my friends shop tryin to tune a 1988 5.0 GT(my old car):eek: I sold it 4 years ago,It has Edelbrock Heads(Aluminum)Full length Headers,BIG CAM!,Kenne Belle Flowzilla Blower with 6 psi?Mass Air Conversion and a whole bunch $$$$$$
more in to it this was all done at a reputable shop P&Js Speed Shop in North,Tonowanda N.Y.The car has 3:73s & 17-9 Cobra Rs.
I made a nice induction set up for the car,set the idle & showed my buddy how to drive it!
After we were done He said lets race!I had the '87 Turbo-T ;) it was on we went to Ohio street and I spooled it to 7lbs and took off,little bit of tire spin it shoved me in the seat!I took him like he had the parking brake on!:eek: no contest I said lets do it again.
This time I held it to 12lbs and blew the run and he took me:mad:
I spun for a long time!My car is a low 12second car& not to metion
a V6:cool: I had street tires,kenne belle chip(JUNK!)and 94 octane
with my exhaust closed up.The 1st run I spanked him I blew the 2nd run.I drove his Mustang and I told him P&J screwed that car up!It has power but not like it should he said 450-500 hp but it sure doesnt feel like it Im a good stick man & I throw the gears good I even took him for a ride & how to shift(it has a Pro 5.0 shifter) All that $$$$ in that car & they still are scared of are V6s:D I love making the competition nervous!

nice kill man..

dude but how are you launching at 7psi / 12psi on street tires? ive got a low 13 car and i spin if i punch it off idle after a few feet, if i launch with 1psi all it does is spin..

Wheel Spin?

Ttype84,

Hmmm, I don't know but with my car I can build about 6 psi's before ripping my street tires up with very minimal wheel spin...I've tried it several times @ about 4 psi's and my car seems to like this alot better because I get almost no wheel spin...The car just literally jumps out of the gate once it jumps and is at the end of 1st gear I just nail it and most cars I leave behind when I have a chance to build anywhere from 4 to 6 psi's.....My car with its existing mods are capable of high 12's w/94 Octane in full street trim....

Hope this helps, what type's of mods do you have and what kind of tires are you on?...See I have those TA G-force radials (Nice Sticky Tires) all the way around...

Todd

How fast do u wanna spend?

I used to be a Mustang Man and I know how to drive em!The point of my post is that sometimes people want a fast car no matter what and shell out big bucks$$ and wind up with a untuned car that they cant drive!I tuned his car for him set the idle (kept stalling and sticking)set up a nice induction set up with a nice huge K&N and set the stop points on the PRO 5.0 shifter,
then I took him for a ride and the thing would rip!It would just **** there & spin up to 4gear!It had steady boost in all gears(5-8 lbs)He then had his mechanic put a dinky induction set up with a cheap pepboys aircleaner!& messed with the timing and set the clutch quadrant and totaly SCREWED IT UP The thing would ping and rattle and had almost no boost!I asked why he changed how I had it set up and he said(It sounded like it was gonna stall and it would Kick out when he shifted it?)I told him that was the cam in there (its a huge roller!)And the kicking out was the ****ty tires begging for traction.
I tried to tell um get some stickys like a M/Ts or some BFG DRs and some Weld 15inch draglites all the way around with some skinnys
some drag shocks or an Eibach Drag Launch Kit a 14 or 16lbs pulley for KB Blower and good gas and a GOOD TUNE UP and that Car would be a low 11 second car. But you know how it is they learn the hardway:eek: My car is a 1987 Turbo-T it has a lot of modifications it is a 12 second car I know how to drive it and I still spin even with 7lbs launch I had it in street trim with my KB Ultimate chip(JUNK!)street tires 235/60/15 Dunlops,closed exhaust and 94 sunoco gas.The first run it spun but not like the 2nd run when I held it to 12lbs I Blew the tires away!That is the reason he beat me that time.
All the money in that mustang and it still gets beat by a little V6;)
If I put HAlF the money in my '87 it would run low 11s or high 10s!
Ive always been a FAN of these TURBO V6s,We all know 1st hand
what they can do and if you modify em with matching components
they are MONSTERS,I feel like putting a Frount mount intercooler-Nice Turbo TE45-nice matching Stall converter with matching injectors with chip and nice slicks along with the necessary mods to tranny,rear and frame!That would be a SCARY CAR-What do you guys think?Am I speaking the TRUTH?

Buddy of mine has a 95' Cobra, built by "Mondo Bob" of C&E Racing, ran an 11.7 @ 122? last year. Best built mustang ive ever seen, 15k miles on it, show quality potential. Money pit though :D

Back