You can type here any text you want

1" GN1 Plenum Spacer Hood Clearance Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87TurboGN

Guys

I am running H&R Mounts on my motor, just put the motor in and mocked up my plenum annd 1"spacer. It looks like the vaccum block is up about 1.75 inches above the hood plane.

I do not have my hood on yet and before I bolted everything down, was wondering who was running this spacer and if you had an issue with the vaccum block hitting your hood? It is obvious the insulation comes out, But just want to hear from a few people on it.

Thanks

I have the 1" spacer on my car with HR motor mounts...the hood liner is now damaged but the hood clears.

Bryan

Spacer

I am running the champion spacer also.
I have a precision 70 mm throttle body.
Also running HR motor mounts.
I had to cut the cross piece under my hood.
I still have a slight rub on my intercooler pipe.
It rubs further up on the hood, not on the hump.
Hope this helps.
Jason
AffordableGN

i was wondering in what way is this spacer suppost to help ?torque or horse?I know with a carburetor it keeps the carb cooler.My car has one and i wasnt sure if i should keep it or use an rjc plate or run both.

I needed to get cleance to clear the 4 inch inlet with 3 inch intercooler tubes.

I'm confused. If you added 1" in plenum spacer, and now you're 1.75" above the hoodline, wouldn't you be .75" tall to begin with?

Guys

I am running H&R Mounts on my motor, just put the motor in and mocked up my plenum annd 1"spacer. It looks like the vaccum block is up about 1.75 inches above the hood plane.

I do not have my hood on yet and before I bolted everything down, was wondering who was running this spacer and if you had an issue with the vaccum block hitting your hood? It is obvious the insulation comes out, But just want to hear from a few people on it.

Thanks

Just wandering if you hood fit with the 1" spacer?

Back