1 or 2 piston Wilwood D154 calipers?

tminer

Not quite normal
Currently using power master but considering vacuum or hydroboost, so factor those options.

Master cylinder size is matched with the front caliper piston area.

If your piston area is around ~4.1 square inches, no master change is necessary.

Number of pistons is irrelevant. Surface area is what matters.

If replacing calipers, it would be best to go with the big bore piston caliper from Wilwood or Afco if you want to increase the performance of your stock brakes.

The Wilwood 2.75” caliper actually weighs less than stock and will weigh less than the billet aluminum d154 style Wilwood caliper and should have less caliper flex.

If you want the look of the Wilwood aluminum caliper, go with the single 2.5” piston caliper over the twin piston because the single piston caliper has more piston area than the twin piston caliper.

The 2 vs 1 piston advantages won't make up for the loss of clamping force?

Piston area is usually more important than piston count. A single 2.5” piston caliper with a piston area of 4.9 square inches will have more clamping force than a twin piston caliper with a 4.12 square inches all other things being equal.

Currently using power master but considering vacuum or hydroboost, so factor those options.

What did you end up going with? I'm considering the same. I'm on the stock powermaster and dont plan on changing it. My car is just a wkd street car, though. I'm putting in new coil overs and upper n lower control arms and an considering doing the brakes while I'm in there. I would love to go bigger but I don't want to mess with converting. Curious with your decision and results.

eBay deal from cpp on the dual piston D154 seems hard to beat for price....at least in my limited looking so far

I ended up going with the Baer SS4+. Mostly because I was also going to need $150 spacers for my wheels, and the Baer were on sale.

Question guys I already have a 1" spacer on the front and was looking at the GEN3 single piston caliper with a 2.94" piston. What are your thoughts. Seeing that from the above conversation it is stated that the more surface area is better. Just looking for some options here. Thanks and Happy 4th of July.