You can type here any text you want

1 " Spacer under Plenum

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Sometimes guysnuse it to drill and tap them and use them for vac lines instead of drilling and tapping the rear of intake manifold..

When does one need a spacer and what is its purpose ? Thanks Keith
It is also used to gain more height so that the throttle body's IAC clears the MAF pipe. And some believe that it helps to direct air more downward towards the runners because it raises the back of the plenum high pressure area. Others believe more volume is good for power. Kinda doesn't make sense because the entire intake north of the intercooler, including the throttle body and up-pipe all becomes plenum at WOT.

Whatever the case, I don't think it will hurt any. Sometimes it's more about convenience to have one.

Thanks NY TT for the info , It was one on the parts for sale part of this and thought I would ask , I have my car pretty much where I want it to be , I just pick up extra parts for later

You might find a 1" spacer puts your vacuum block dead into the hood liner. I have poly body bushings (raised the body over 1/4") and my 1/2 spacer makes the plenum's rear and the block leave a mark. The vac block scratched hell out of my large '6'..

Last edited:
You might find a 1" spacer puts your vacuum block dead into the hood liner. I have poly bushing and my 1/2 spacer makes the plenum's rear and the block leave a mark. The vac block scratched hell out of my large '6'..
Good point. I have had a fiberglass Kirbans hood for years. Even back when I had a factory engine set-up. I may not have had as much space above with a factory hood.

Last edited:
When does one need a spacer and what is its purpose ? Thanks Keith
Most people that need to use a 4" MAF pipe use the 1" plenum spacer. However, it is also a nice clean look if you don't need the extra room for the larger MAF pipe. Get rid of the vacuum lines on top of your throttle body.

Lines up the I/c pipe better. their real thick pia to tap, better off tapping the doghouse.

...or the back of the intake...

Attachments

• Photo1736.jpg
    Photo1736.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 188
  • Photo1754.jpg
    Photo1754.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 180
I like drilling the spacer. It's a clean look and should you decide to change your application in the future you only have to remove/replace the spacer.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 235
Back