You can type here any text you want

Position of RJC power plate

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
well I guess I was wrong ....that is how I have seen them run....be kool to see and air flow test each way....see if any measurable difference....

I had a one inch spacer, but it made the up pipe hit my Hoodskinz hood pad.

I was doing some other stuff and went with a half inch spacer to avoid the hood pad rub. That worked for the hood pad rub.

At the same time, I installed the RJC power plate on top of the intake and under the spacer. I thought that was what the directions said, though I cant find them online.

To be honest, I feel I may have lost some low end power. I used to be able to light the rear tires off at will, from a dead stop or at a 30/40 MPH punch.

Doesn't happen anymore. Did I do it wrong?

I was doing some other stuff and went with a half inch spacer to avoid the hood pad rub. That worked for the hood pad rub.

At the same time, I installed the RJC power plate on top of the intake and under the spacer. I thought that was what the directions said, though I cant find them online.

To be honest, I feel I may have lost some low end power. I used to be able to light the rear tires off at will, from a dead stop or at a 30/40 MPH punch.

cruz performance offers an angled spacer now to get rid of you rubbing issue :p

cruz performance offers an angled spacer now to get rid of you rubbing issue :p
Got one of those Cruz angled plenum spacers on too, but my HR Parts motor mounts raise the engine by 1/2”, so To gain some extra clearance I installed a
2-1/2” up pipe on my Precision SLIC & also had 1” removed from it & bead rolled again.
Fits like a glove now with lots of hood clearance for my HoodSkinz Hood Liner 👍

Got one of those Cruz angled plenum spacers on too, but my HR Parts motor mounts raise the engine by 1/2”, so To gain some extra clearance I installed a
2-1/2” up pipe on my Precision SLIC & also had 1” removed from it & bead rolled again.
Fits like a glove now with lots of hood clearance for my HoodSkinz Hood Liner 👍
nice!! info sir!!

spacers have been proven to be useless...or overrated ....kinda like a 70 mm TB ...:D...until into 9 sec power...just sayin

Can't say for sure if it would make a difference one way or the other but it would only take a few min to swap it around and find out...

It would probably need to be done on a dyno to see if there is a real differences between having the pp on top or under a spacer under a controlled test. Need to log a lot of parameters to compare.

On one car here the plate is on the intake.
Plugs are all uniform.
I think it all works the same personally
The air hits the plate then drops down regardless of a .5 inch elevated drop or not its forced induction.

Back