You can type here any text you want

10 psi and chuggin!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87ttypeV8

cant beat the boost!
well i just got my car back from the shop and he now tells me i need a new fuel pump and a hotwire kit so the boost is set to a modest 10 psi!!!yeah that is horrible

as soon as i pull out onto the road... i see a firehawk comeing up quick
it was black with gold stripes... the 10 year anniversary
we talk for a little while and says how those grand nationals are quick but nothing for his LS6 he said he had

we catch a light and i power brake a little and actually manage to get some pretty decent traction out of the hole, i instantly pulled about 1 car on him off the line since he spun pretty good, i kept pulling and he switched into 2nd gear and roasted the tires... i still kept my lead of about 1 car at this point.. he then switches to 3rd and again his tires squeel. at this point i am at the top of 2nd gear and with not much boost i cant really do anything and he blew by me like i was standing still!!! it was still really fun but i think if i couldve ran more like 15-16 pounds of boost... the end result wouldve been slightly different!! good race though

for the next mile or so we kept having little runs from a roll... like 25-50 mph and i stayed pretty close till the end of my 2nd gear and then he just walked me

hopefully i can get my car running good soon!

Was it chugging before you dropped it off? There is no reason for it to chug just by turning down boost.

by chuggin i just mean like boggin and stutterin and the end of every gear once the boost hits 10 psi

really weird... seems like the timing is going bad or it is mis firing only when i keep giving it gas once it is at 10 psi

really odd...
it did this before kinda but only when i hit 20 psi

before it was good all the way up to there so i just let off the gas once it got pretty high

the only thing i could think of other than a lack of fuel is insufficient octane for the chip and bad timing on that thing but i dunno

the chip has an orange dot on the front and on the back has an orange sticker saying 43.... (hard to read to lookins like) best....20

doesnt have serial number or anything else

no i havent checked either... i ran the battery dead on accident before and the alternator charged it back up rather quickly....

any easy way to test the coil pack? do these go bad often??

valve springs

Weak valve springs will make it fall off at top of gears.

yeah that would make sense... i dont have a tach but when the RPMs get up there... it just stutters around and stuff... what are some good springs to replace it with... i can buy a buddys old 20,000 mile LT1 springs he said

are these even worth it?

:( A stock GN is going to have a hard time with a stock LS1.

Once mine was broke in it was a 13.30 car with only free mods.

my car isnt exactly stock....
downpipe, 3 inch exhaust, chip, cold air, RJC power plate, 009 injectors, underdrive pulleys, and a few little things...

my boost was only at 10 psi so it was hard for me to keep movin

Why would you race your car in that condition? Wise up......
Get it fixed and tune it... THEN go out and find him again;)

well i was told by the shop that with that low of a boost... i would be ok to drive... he said that it will run fine but obviously it didnt....
as of right now i am tearing it apart because the head gaskets went!

Back