109 Block Damage.

buickboy

The back of the cam gear starting carving into the block about .020. Does anybody make a shim. If not anybody ever had this happen and what did you do to fix it?

Common on SG1 blocks. Machine shop can face it making it flat, then make a spacer.

Like this??? Haven't run it yet. Going to do the retro-roller cam setup that is in the other thread...Screws are brass, I believe, and the heads are counter-sunk below the face of the "thrust washer". Not sure how thick it is but looks to be at least 1/8", but is flush with face of block...

Attachments

• 0520082237_1.jpg
    0520082237_1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 205
Like that but not drilled into the block. Just floating.

You can prevent this in the future on any other blocks by using a thrust from an SBC. Just cut the back of the cam in a lathe to get the clearance and cam gear lined up with the crank gear.

Back to the top...

So, is the pic I posted in post #3 gone? Can anyone see it and maybe repost it?

Thanks.

Back to the top...

So, is the pic I posted in post #3 gone? Can anyone see it and maybe repost it?

Thanks.
Believe you may be SOL. A ton of stuff was lost when the board crashed back when.

A lot of pictures & threads are gone. Jay has managed to get some back, but not all.

Found it...

Not the best pic... I'll try to find the original somewhere, but this is a low res copy of the pic I posted above years ago...for future reference if anyone is looking...

downloadfile_110630.jpeg