You can type here any text you want

11 second turbo regals!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vl1500

Question? How many 11 second turbo regals are running vaccum brakes and what mods have you done to hold boost????

vl1500 said:
Question? How many 11 second turbo regals are running vaccum brakes and what mods have you done to hold boost????

I just use a transbrake, and a line lock for the burnout.

lpaulabbott said:
i can hold 15 psi of boost off the line with just holding the brakes

how is this possible, from what vehicle are you using the booster and master cylinder, i can only hold about 6-7 with my foot all the way to the ground :mad:

marred4life said:
how is this possible, from what vehicle are you using the booster and master cylinder, i can only hold about 6-7 with my foot all the way to the ground :mad:
i could hold more but i have a street chip in and only running 17 psi. i just went to advanced and bought a booster and a cast iron master cylinder with a bigger bore to hold more psi brake pressure 24 and 36 mm bore instead of 24mm on both i also have s-10 wheel cylinders but have only standard shoes JUST BLEED THE PISS OUT OF THEM http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=TRQ&mfrpartnumber=M39376&parttype=230&ptset=A

Underboost said:
I just use a transbrake, and a line lock for the burnout.

where did you buy your line lock from LOU?

could i use the brass valve that GNVEE sales or where else can purchase it?

so this should work good with the following combo, big brake shoes and s-10 cylinders in rear, and b-body impala calipers in front. ill be purchasing the master cylinder later today.

marred4life said:
so this should work good with the following combo, big brake shoes and s-10 cylinders in rear, and b-body impala calipers in front. ill be purchasing the master cylinder later today.
when u put on the rear shoes make sure the drum goes on snug and the drum is new or cut because if it has a lip on it when u slide it on tight there will be clearance when it is fully on which u dont want. and go to advanced and purchase a one man bleeder for 6 dollars it is awesome its a clear bottle with clear lines and a magnet to hang the bottle anywhere that way you can see the air in the lines. just cause there is fluid coming out doesnt mean there isnt air in the lines. when i used it u can see tiny air mixed in with the fluid but u couldnt see it when it came out. that is a mistake people do they see fluid but cant see the air so they stop and have spongy brakes. also when u bleed the brakes after installing proportioning valve have someone pump the brakes slow and press slow before cracking the bleeder cause it will trip prop. valve and shut off fluid to the rears then u will have to reset valve. GOOD LUCK

thanks it sucks when your boosting 25lbs and cant even hold 5lbs at the line, hopefully this will help me. ill also be upgrading to a ATR sway bar and some air bags.

11 second turbo regals

Ipaulabbot,do you know the part #s for your brake booster/mstr cylinder and how do your car stop under boost?

vl1500 said:
Ipaulabbot,do you know the part #s for your brake booster/mstr cylinder and how do your car stop under boost?
u cant stop under boost because when u let off the gas you under vacuum and when u let off usually u are at 22 psi of vacuum.
part number 5471243 booster 107.00
part number m39376 master cylinder new 57.88
the master cylinder has a 24 mm and 36 mmm bore for more psi holding power the other ones are just 24 mm this is at advanced auto

lpaulabbott said:
u cant stop under boost because when u let off the gas you under vacuum and when u let off usually u are at 22 psi of vacuum.
part number 5471243 booster 107.00
part number m39376 master cylinder new 57.88
the master cylinder has a 24 mm and 36 mmm bore for more psi holding power the other ones are just 24 mm this is at advanced auto

do you have any pictures of the booster?

Back