$1200 stock Radiator LOLOL

I paid that much for a 65 Plymouth 426 4 speed radiator with the correct part number on it...that needed restored. This was 1999...so the car was only 34 years old. our cars are 32...the prices are not going to get lower.

I paid that much for a 65 Plymouth 426 4 speed radiator with the correct part number on it...that needed restored. This was 1999...so the car was only 34 years old. our cars are 32...the prices are not going to get lower.

How many 65 426's were made? I bet not 50,000. Just sick of people thinking they have gold. Selling 5 bolts for $20 on ebay calling them "Grand national OEM bolts" lol. I got buckets of these generic bolts. just stop already.

My point is...
I’m 50 years old. I lived thru the 80’s-90’s muscle car revival / restoration period.
Guys with established careers that now had $$$ wanted the car they had in high school, or their dad had in high school...or whatever the scenario. The prices are not gonna go down. It’s the collectors from outside the Buick community that are gonna pay those prices when they see something like that. Is that Radiator not worth $1200 to a GNX who’s original has seen better days? How long since you seen another NOS one? I don’t recall seeing many in my time on here. For a guy with a $15,000 dollar daily driver...it’s not.
For a guy with a 15,000 mile car....it may be. I understand the frustration from price gouging but sooner or later....the prices are gonna climb to those levels all by themselves. It’s funny you mention “bolts”. I was just telling a guy about the “Anchor” head bolts from the Plymouth’s. The Dodge was the same car but it never came with the Anchor bolts. For a proper restoration on a Plymouth....they are a must. Original Anchor bolts are selling for $100’s of dollars. They are engine accessory bolts only.

My point is...
I’m 50 years old. I lived thru the 80’s-90’s muscle car revival / restoration period.
Guys with established careers that now had $$$ wanted the car they had in high school, or their dad had in high school...or whatever the scenario. The prices are not gonna go down. It’s the collectors from outside the Buick community that are gonna pay those prices when they see something like that. Is that Radiator not worth $1200 to a GNX who’s original has seen better days? How long since you seen another NOS one? I don’t recall seeing many in my time on here. For a guy with a $15,000 dollar daily driver...it’s not.
For a guy with a 15,000 mile car....it may be. I understand the frustration from price gouging but sooner or later....the prices are gonna climb to those levels all by themselves. It’s funny you mention “bolts”. I was just telling a guy about the “Anchor” head bolts from the Plymouth’s. The Dodge was the same car but it never came with the Anchor bolts. For a proper restoration on a Plymouth....they are a must. Original Anchor bolts are selling for $100’s of dollars. They are engine accessory bolts only.

Unbelievable. Same guy that wants $1200 for the radiator will tell you your $75,000 resto is worth $15K. lol. Vipers only for me from here on out. But ive said that before.