You can type here any text you want

13.40 @ 101, new best for me.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike231

60% of the time, it works every time.
Hey guys, like the title says, I went 13.40@101.8x yesterday. I am pretty happy with as this is my best time so far. This was a 2.09 60' time. My signature has my mods, and I am almost totally stock so I think I'm not doing too bad. What do you guys think for what I have and how I am doing? I know I could probably get the 60' a little better. I was running 18 lbs of boost with no knock and right around 780-800 mV on the Scanmaster. I had some 93 mixed with some 110 octane for insurance. I had more 93 than 110 so I didn't want to push the boost too much. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Congrats! I had a very similar combo in my t type a couple of years ago with 2 differences: a ta-49 turbo and alky. Your time is good, enough to torch the GT Rustangs! :cool:

Thanks captflash! I appreciate the response. I realize compared to most on this board it's a very slow time, but it's almost totally stock and when I first got it, the maiden pass was in the 15's! Between learning how to launch/drive it at the strip, sorting out stuff that had gone bad, and tuning I've been steadily making progress and having a blast. And like you mentioned, I've nailed some GT Mudstains in the process! I just wanted to see what everybody thought of the et vs mph and whatnot. I think the 101 mph is right in line with the et from what I've seen. The car definetly has more in it too, just have to tune more!

is that with DR?If not a set of DR and you well cut a better 60 and maybe get into the 12s nice job @ 18lb boost

is that with DR?If not a set of DR and you well cut a better 60 and maybe get into the 12s nice job @ 18lb boost

Hey henselyt, thanks for the reply and I am running the Nitto 555R drag radials. I have heard a pretty mixed review on them as they are not as sticky as the MT's or others, but I think they work well for the level I'm at. I think the biggest thing holding me back besides just needing more track time to practice my launching is to get the rear brakes redone. I just recently redid the fronts, but the rear drums need some attention. I would most likely be able to hold more boost and better utilize the DR's at that point. Currently when I launch, I am limited to how much boost I can hold since I can get the rear tires slowly rotating or worse when I sit there! My shocks and springs are totally shot too (these are getting replaced over the winter) and I think that may help 60' times a little bit also. I'm always open for more suggestions! I couldn't have gotten the car sorted out and where it is now without the help of everyone on this website!

Back