You can type here any text you want

14x6" Cragar SS -- What Tires?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PILOT

Just wondering what tires will look good on my new-to-me Cragar SS rims. They are 14x6.

I want to go wider in the rear.

Could this work?

235/60/14 - Rear
225 or smaller?/60 or 70?/14 - Front

Suggestions and pictures would be great. What brand names make these? So far, BF Goodrich is the only company I found that makes such an animal. Should I go a little skinnier in the Front? I'm also trying to consider resale. I may pick up a pair of 15x8's for the rear in the fall.

Pics would make things a lot easier.

Thanks gents!

Hoosier Quick Times for the rear.

HQT's come in a QT26/9.5/14 and a QT pro 275/55d/14 the 1st is 8.5" wide the 2nd is 8.0" wide both should be put on a rim that is 6-8";) Summit has them......This is a more serious tire for the rear if your leaning more towards the track.
Mickey Thompson carries thier Indy Profile tires The reg. Profile for the front comes in a F70/14 measures 26" The Indy Profile Super Sport for the rear comes in a G60/14, they both have raised white lettering so the SS will go along with your SuperSport theme/rims. The rubber compound on the SS is almost as soft as a drag slick once rubber warms up giving you plenty of traction.

Thanks for that info!

Those are good looking tires, but I'd have a hard time getting them. I'll likely try to find some when I go 15" rims.

I just got off the phone with a local tire dealer and Im going to get this setup:

Goodyear Integrity 195/70/14 (Diameter is 24.8")
BFG Radial T/A 235/60/14 (Diameter is 25.1")

I think it'll look good, and it's relatively cheap. Looking at about $425 Canadian for the rubber. Not bad. Only problem is that everyone around here has to order in the BFG's. Gotta love waiting.

Back