You can type here any text you want

153 Oiling system

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
So now I am getting close to connect my Hoses for the Oiling and I am somewhat confused. I have that Plate at the Pump that says "Suction In" , "Pressure Out" , "Bypass". On the Pan I have 3 Fittings.
One that will go to Suction In. That is fine. Pressure out will go to the remote Oil Filter!! Right?
The "Bypass" goes Where??
For the Pan..I know that the Big Fitting is the Feed to the Pump " Suction In" The other will be for the Turbo Drain or return. So what about the 3rd?
ON the Oil Remote I have the Turbo Feed, one Big Hose and a little smaller Hose. What is going where??!?
I imagine that the out from the remote Filter goes to the Inlet Fitting to the Block at the top right of the Block?! I think I am missing a Hose for the "Bypass"!!!
I got this m
Motor partly dis-assembled so I may be missing a Hose. And this is my first Stage Motor so I have some loose ends.

Thanks
Joe

Post a picture of the pan. It might be for a dry sump. But you are correct on where the lines go. The bypass can go back in the pan, up high, or most put it in the fuel pump block off plate to spray the timing chain.

Post a picture of the pan. It might be for a dry sump. But you are correct on where the lines go. The bypass can go back in the pan, up high, or most put it in the fuel pump block off plate to spray the timing chain.
I think I got it. The "Bypass" line is missing and I will get one and shove it back to one of the Fittings that go to the front of the Pan. This is a Motor than ran before, and he gave me all the stuff that came with it. So maybe for one Hose.
Thanks for the reply.

Joe

I ran the bypass to the fuel pump block off plate to send oil to the timing chain. As for the spare outlet on the oil filter housing, just cap it off

Make a plate or use the Factory fuel pump block off plate and install a *8AN fitting in it. Use a -8AN hose or tubing to go from the bypass in the pump cover. The big hose outta the filter does go to the side of the block for pressure inlet. Make sure you plumb the pump cover pressure outlet to the correct filter inlet. Use -10AN for pressure outlet to and from the filter and block. Use a -12AN from the rear most fitting in the pan to the oil pump inlet. The small hose out of the filter feeds the Turbo. It is best to run the pump bypass hose into the timing cover so it isn't trying to push oil into oil. Did you set the thrust clearance on the oil pump? Is it a standard volume or hi volume version? Post a picture of the oil pan before using it. Pm me for my phone number and I can talk you through the issues with this type of oiling system. There are a few things that can BITE you HARD if you don't have everything perfect. The last one I did was the TA pump adaptor. It was the high volume version and it would make 125psi at idle and would fill a valve cover in 10-12 seconds when I was diagnosing my problems. Read my posts and you see pictures and my solutions to the problem.

Thanks guys. I have it figured out. I was just missing a Hose to connect to the other -10 Fitting in the front of the oil pan.

Joe

Back