You can type here any text you want

15by8 4.5 inch bs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

helrazr

will a 15 by 8 weld draglite with a 4.5 inch bs with 275/50/15 work on my 1987 tr or will i have rubbing issues, or how about 15 by 10 with 4.5 back spacing????? thx.

I'm afraid that it will make the tire too close to the frame...

Claude.

P.S: did you get my "pm"?...

sorry ya i did i'm debaiting your style (gnx) or the weld drag lite style i'm not sure what to do.

Guys have fit up to 4.75" backspace before with no rubbing, the width of the tire is really what determines if it will rub or not. BUT with 8" wide wheels it'll have a wimpy stance with that much backspace because the wheels will be far inside the wheel well. With an 8" you can go with a 3.5" or 3" backspacing to bring more of the wheel to the outside of the car and make it look more aggressive.

ok, 15 By 8 with a 3.5 or 3 bs seen to be hard to find used. i mostly find ones that are 4.5 inch bs.

heres what i have 1st its an 81 malibu i have cragar street stars they are 15 x 10 with 295-50-15 not sure of b/s had to install air bags and shock extensions and mr gasket spacer plate the stance looks great but i am changing to 15 x 8 greg welds dragster wheels but they only come in a 4.50 b/s and thinking a 275 60 15 hope the 15 x 10 info helps

From what I read, a 10" wide wheel with accompanying tire will NOT clear with stock frame rails and stock (unrolled) fender lip with stock ride height (i.e....no air bags or air shocks). 9" appears to be the largest size for stock settings for my car. I am working on a database of wheel/tire dimensions to take some of the guews work out of selecting the right wheel/tire. E-mail me if interested in sharing your info with me.
Conrad
alphaenvirmgt@vnet.net

Back