You can type here any text you want

16" tire help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fastblackcar

Never Finished!!
i sold the oem 15" off my 86 , updating to front 16 gta, give my feed back for tires ,im looking at BFGoodrich g force t/a kdw size 245/50 front 250/50 rear or maybe 245 all around unsure yet, i drive mainly street to from work chase mustangs around town, may try a time @ track this summer
FEED BACK PLEASE give me the do's and dont's
THANX ALL

i have 250 50 16 nittos and the clear the back fine. i think the 245's may rub in the front thou, someone else may chime in on those.

The GNX came with 245s on the front, and 255s on the rear, I believe. But the offset of the wheels is not the same as the GTA wheels. My "T" has the stock 15" wheels, with 235-60s on the front, and one of them rubs the frame a little if I run over a bump with the wheels turned near full lock. This tells me that if I had 245s, I would need to have the wheels set out a little farther. But it seems like every car is different, so you may have plenty of room- or maybe not!

When I was running front GTAs at all 4 corners, I had BFG KDW G-Force tires. 225/55 up front and 245/50 in the rear. I'd prefer 255/50 in the rear, but there just wasn't enough room on the driver's side to keep the 255 off the inner frame. (The rear wasn't exactly centered and the 4.5" of backspacing was too much IMO.) Also, the G-Force tires didn't come in the 255/50-16 size anyway.

I prefer the narrower tire up front to minimize wandering.

Now that I have had my wheels modified I can fit 255/50s in the rear. Now my problem is finding a good 255/50 tire to run. It's not a very popular tire size so selection is minimal. I'm due for tires soon, so I'm going to have to find something.

4 GTA fronts

I have 4 GTA fronts with 245/50/16s and yes the fronts do rub. Especially when the suspension travels a lot. The back is fine.

i want to put the 225/55 up front, 245 rear how do they look, i want 255 but n/a in this tire how did you like the g force? got any pics you can post that would be !!!!!, how much smaller did the fron t appear?
Thanx everyone , lot of money for tires so i want to make the right choice for me
Thanx
Tom

They look fine. On the car, you can't really tell a difference between the 225 and 245 size/width wise. You have to lay them next to each other to see that the 245 is ~1/2" wider.

I don't really have any good pictures that show how they look.

I don't like the g-force tires I have. I'm due for tires soon and I'll be getting something else. Don't know what yet though, but likely something that comes in both the 225/55-16 and 255/50-16 size.

Back