16 X 8 inch What Slicks and who do I get them From

T

TXTURBO

I have heard a bunch of talk about M&H racemaster 305/40/16 tires. I need to know a little more infomation on them.

1st Who sells them?
2nd Will that size work on 16 X 8 inch rim
3rd Is the tire a DOT tire or a straight slick.

Any help work be appreciated. I do not have a TTA but I know you guys deal with 16 X 8 inch wheels. thanks

The M&H's are a bias ply dot tire like a MT sportman.Or a Hoosier quick time.

For better bite..the MT ET Streets or Hoosier quick time pro's.

Better than that..MT sells slicks for 16 inch diameter wheels.

All the above tires have a limited tread life.And suck in wet conditions.

Who sells M&H...Summit use to.They still have M&H's phone number in their database.The factory was relocating to a newer facility the end of last year..They should be up and running now.The M&H's were like 150 a tire.

I use Nitto's with great success fwiw

Julio

Originally posted by Razor
The M&H's are a bias ply dot tire like a MT sportman.Or a Hoosier quick time.

For better bite..the MT ET Streets or Hoosier quick time pro's.

Better than that..MT sells slicks for 16 inch diameter wheels.

All the above tires have a limited tread life.And suck in wet conditions.

Who sells M&H...Summit use to.They still have M&H's phone number in their database.The factory was relocating to a newer facility the end of last year..They should be up and running now.The M&H's were like 150 a tire.

I use Nitto's with great success fwiw

Julio

The M&H is the same as the MT street , the hoosier QT has more tread and will last longer even though they are all bias ply.

The Nitto's are great street tires and all around performers but you need a very well prepped track for them to hook hard.

the M&H racemasters have a better ride then the et streets, hook better, and dont ball up... the guy at M@H really knows his tire tech.
i ran the 305/40/16 on the stock tta rim, they stuck out more then the et streets do, and slung tire crap on my old tta.

my best 60 foot times on my et streets 1.69's
may best on the M&H 1.60
and hope to get better with the
HOOSIER 16" slick if they ever decide to make em"
may have to try the QTP's this year-- has a softer compound

hth

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
the M&H racemasters have a better ride then the et streets, hook better, and dont ball up... the guy at M@H really knows his tire tech.
hth

I would have to disagree with you on that,I think the MT's have a great ride ,Hook out of this world.The ET streets have a stiffer sidewall and softer compound than the M&H's.

The M&H's hook up good when there new,Then they loose it.For the money and performance your expecting I think there is no better tire than the ET street.

Just my opinion though

As far as the 16" Mickey Thompson Slick's go(THERE DISCONTINUED)

I was looking everywhere for them not found:(

Bad azz tta-
6 in one hand and 1/2 dozen in the other

i had good luck with the M&H's even though they were 3 years old and you had good luck when they were new

and have bad luck with the et streets when trying to put the #'s down at the track.,... sure ,.. they hook good on the street, but dont prove themselves with awesome #'s at the track

i agree that the best would be the discontinued tires from m/t...

but ive heard that HOOSIER is coming out with a true slick for 16 inch rims... supposed to please the lightning crowd- due out at the end of this month. :)

if indeed they do come out,... ill let everyone know how well the car dips the 60' down into the 1.5's :)

GOOD 2 here.Thanks for the heads up,I bet Nitto and Toyo follow suit for all the rice cars out there ya Know.I saw the Nitto 1320 tire (Real slick) in a 5.0 mag.Didn't say anything about sizes though:D