You can type here any text you want

1965 Ford Galaxie 500- son is giving up on project

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SouthernCal GN

I come in peace....AK AK
'Tis a sad day:frown:

Here's the details:

Car used to be a manual 3 on the tree, which has since been replaced by a C-6. Rear gear is a 3.23 open diff.

The hard stuff is done:

Engine: is a 390, rebuilt about 2k miles ago. Has a 750 carb, new exhaust (headers to tailpipe), newer radiator, new washer fluid bag, etc. Starts, runs, and shuts off without drama/dieseling/etc. Overall, very clean under hood.

Trans: C-6 auto, rebuilt about the same time as the engine. Shifting is smooth and solid.

Outer body: there's a single crease in the passenger side quarter panel that can be rolled out by a dentless body guy. Repaint was done by the original owner about 10 years ago. Glass is all good- no stars, no cracks, etc. Body itself is 8.5 of 10. Paint is about 7 of 10. Very decent for a driver.

Interior: Installed headliner is brand new. Shifter is a B&M starshifter (I think). Original steering wheel needs refurbishment/replacement (is included). Top of rear seats sun damaged; driver's seat cloth is worn. carpet is OK, but could stand replacing. Dash is clean and straight, no cracks. Instrumentation is 100% original and functional, including illumination lights, warning lights, fuel gauge. Speedo cable needs greasing. Needs door seals (wind noise).

Trunk: no rust, seals tight and nice.

Rims and tires/suspension: Installed wheels are new ARE polished spoke rims (similar to the Torque Thrust)- 16x7 front, with new 215/60VR16 Zexius Xi326 tires; rears are 16x8, with new 225/55VR16 Zexius Xi326 tires. Also has the original Ford hubcaps and rims, with newer radials (about 70% tread). Has been lowered by about 1.5" with new springs to give it a very slight slammed look- but it does not eat curbs, or have problems with speedbumps/driveways, etc..

Summary- this is a car that is very close to being done. As mentioned before, the hard stuff is done. Won't take much to get the rest done. It drive great, looks great and will make somebody very happy.

He's looking to get $9k out of the car (what he has in it, and then some), but he knows that's not reality. Bottom line is that he's in a bit of trouble, and needs to sell the car.

Any offers?

I'll get pics up as soon as I can get them from him...

Back