1967 Firebird with new 572 BBC may trade

Steve

I would like to sell my 67 Firebird with new 572 BBC. I have owned the car for 3.5 years and have replaced and upgraded just about every part on the car. The car is rust free and clean underneath. The engine is a brand new 572 big block Chevy. The motor was built using all new parts and includes a Mark IV GM Bowtie 10.2 deck block, Scat 4340 forged crank, Scat 4340 forged H beam rods, Mahle forged pistons, Lunati hydraulic roller cam with Morel/Lunati roller lifters, Brodix BB2+ aluminum heads, Harland Sharp roller rockers, Merlin intake manifold, and Pertronix ignition. The 572 has a new aluminum 950 cfm 4150 carb that was custom built for the engine by Bigs Performance. The motor also has Hooker ceramic coated headers, gear reduction starter, Weiand aluminum high flow water pump, billet pullies, SFI balancer, SFI flexplate, and new power steering pump and 105 amp alternator. The 572 has 9.8:1 compression and was built to be 100% street friendly and run on pump gas with no issues. I have over $11k in the motor alone and the motor has less than 100 miles on it and no abuse of any kind. The transmission is a fresh turbo 400 with good internals built to hold up to 1000hp. The transmission was built for street driving and has full automatic operation. The converter was custom built for the car by Edge Racing Converters and is a 3200 stall. The driveshaft is an upgraded unit built by The Driveline Shop to handle the power of the 572. The rear is a 8.5 10 bolt rear with a Eaton posi, Alloy USA upgraded axles and 3.23 gears. Every steering component on the car has been replaced/upgraded with new parts including a quick ratio power steering box. The front has power disc brakes that were bought from The Right Stuff Detailing and every componenet is new inclusing the spindles. The front has tubular upper and lower control arms with Del-a-lum style bushing and AFCO upper and lower ball joints. The rear suspension has all new poly graphite bushings. The chassis has Competition Engineering subframe connectors and Global West front subframe bushings. The cars comes with aftermarket wheels and new tires and comes with an extra pair of rear 15x8 rear wheels that are still in the boxes. The car also has a Covan Dash with after market gauges. I tried to list some of the bigger items tha car has but it has too many upgrades to list. The paint is nice and was done by a previous owner and vinyl top is very good condition. The car has no rust and the floorpans are solid and original. The car is located in the Springfield Missouri area. I would consider a trade plus cash for the Firebird but would prefer to sell. $23,900. I am not out of work or hard up for money so please no low ball offers. I am only selling to pursue other projects. Thanks

IMG00200-20111004-1708.jpg

IMG00202-20111004-1710.jpg

IMG00208-20111004-1714.jpg

PM sent hopefully we can have a deal and have this beast come to NJ to pair up with my buddy's red Camaro.

Nice car Steve, wished I had the funds.

BTW didn't you have a turbo 6 in this at one point....??????

Nice car Steve, wished I had the funds.

BTW didn't you have a turbo 6 in this at one point....??????

Thanks! Yes the car had a turbo 6 in it for a while and a LS1 before that! I love a project! Keep an eye out in Car Craft in the next few issues and you will see the turbo 6 that came out of the car. A buddy of mine bought the motor and put it in a 79 Malibu with 9K original miles and the car was shot for a feature in Car Craft a few months back. The Malibu looks like new and is brown with the factory 14" brown steel wheels and skinny tires!

Beast Bird

It was nice doin business with you Steve

Keep us updated with your killer next project :biggrin: and thanks for the infos regarding the Detroit Speed Engineering wheels and tires combo they got some wicked set up out there including Dale Junior's two Camaros:eek:

It was nice doin business with you Steve

Keep us updated with your killer next project :biggrin: and thanks for the infos regarding the Detroit Speed Engineering wheels and tires combo they got some wicked set up out there including Dale Junior's two Camaros:eek:

Thanks Carmelo, it was nice doing business with you also! Its always nice doing business with a someone where you know that there are no worries!