You can type here any text you want

1977 Trans Am--low mileage survivor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dhauser

The end is fear
* 1977 Trans Am--Low Mileage Survivor! Only 39,900 original miles.
* Completely numbers matching down to the carb and alternator.
* 80% original paint!
* Original buildsheet, PHS, and owner's manual.
* W72 400 (T/A 6.6), mated to a 3 speed auto and 3.23 posi rear

This hard top TA is finished in Brentwood Brown metallic over a buckskin interior. Options include W72 performance package (T/A 6.6), rare AM/FM stereo, cruise control (works!), rally II wheels, plus optional moldings and lighting packages. Completely rust-free car with all original body panels and excellent original paint. Body is laser straight, and best of all the doors open and close like bank vaults.

Interior is as nice as you will ever find an original TA to be. No rips, seams separations, stains, or broken pieces. Dash, console, formula wheel, seats, carpet, and gauges are in mint condition. Even still carries the optional original front and rear floor mats.

Trunk is in mint original condition and includes the original space saver spare (never on the ground) AND the original inflator bottle (very rare). The car is bone stock original except for upgraded plug wires (origiinals in a box and go with car).

Mechanically, the car is perfect and drives like brand new. You can drive this car down the interstate at 75 mph and let go of the wheel and it goes straight as an arrow. Always starts easily, and has no leaks, squeaks, or undue rattles. If you are looking for a gorgeous survivor TA that is problem-free and near perfect, this is the car! The shaker scoop is uncut, and the hood decal is original (has some cracking, but it was otherwise too nice for me to replace since it's original). New RWL tires. Every light on the car works, as do the horn, wipers, radio, everything! You could drive this car anywhere.

Price: $20k FIRM. Don't kid yourself--you can pay a few grand less for another mid-late 70s TA, but they won't even come close to the quality, originality, and low mileage combination of this car. I imagine no one here or on the other boards I frequent will be interested in a car of this originality and lineage, but that just means it will go to ebay and bring even more. That's ok by me, but if you're into these cars at all, do yourself a favor and check it out.

Pics available for serious partys.

Nice Car Doug, it always Amazes me that These 77-79 T/A's are worth MORE (about 15-20% More) than any similar mileage GN..in fact a no-100mile T/A is in GNX Teritory:eek:

And I remember back then the First Thing we would do is Cut Out the Shaker--just like a Chip in the GN's back in the late 80's...

I blame it on nostalgia, and the fact Gen-Xers are getting to that age when they can afford a toy, and these TAs were running around all over the place when they were growing up. I've seen similar cars to this one, albeit in a brighter color, going for over $25k at the collector car auctions....In 3 years, people will be WISHING they could get one of these for 20k in mint condition.

I already wish I could've tucked away a half dozen of these cars I've sold over the past 5 years. Man.....better than real estate or gold, I tellz ya....:wink:

wtg doug.,thanx for the opportunity!!
im still trying to find you a mint or close high 80s porsche 911....

Doug, what's an anniversary (79) T/A in nice shape worth? Auto, AC, PS, PB, in nice shape. Pretty much just needs paint cut and buffed (been sitting inside a while).

That's impossible to answer without seeing the car's condition, history, docs, mileage, originality, etc. That's like you asking me what your house is worth if you put new carpet in it.....

Generally, they trade in the $10k to $30k range, depending on the above factors.

Obviously I wasn't looking for you to pinpoint a number, just a general range for a nice car. The car can be bought for $10k so I was just trying to get an idea if there was any room in it.

Not sure if you were trying to be a smartass, but it sure came across that way. If not, my apologies.

Warren..
(wondering if fast with class is a thing of the past)

I wasn't being a smartass. I was just pointing out that value cannot be determined by only knowing a few tidbits of information.

For $10k, I doubt all it needs is a buff and polish. Those paint jobs were notoriously $hitty even when new.

Back