You can type here any text you want

1978 regal turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

78sportcoupeLTD

well i need a turbo for my 78 regal.........i was wondering where i could get one......or if sumone has one......or if i should just get mine re built............ne help is appreciated

It all depends on if you want to go faster or stay close to stock.
If you are staying close to stock, replace your center section with the lady that sells them on ebay.
If you are looking to go faster, have your turbo hoged out and have them install a wastegate actuator that is off the shelf. Hogging out the turbo will drive at least one other mod IMHO, A higher stall for your TC.

Jim

what kind of price range am i lookin at......i want to gain power...but im only 15 and that means that i dont have too much money......:)

poopy

yeah u just got to ask around these guys....i found the best help i get is from the nice fellas at this site..i know the money thing is hard but just save up... and make sure u spend ur money on what is needed for ur car...im 18 so i know that the money thing is a big factor on getting ur car working well...just keep at it and dont let ur car carp out on u...AND DONT SELL IT!!!!!!!!

well i pulled it off the other day....and either the turbine wheel or thecomresser wheel is mangled....its like totally messed up.....im sorry i dont kno whick one it is....its the one thats to the right of the center of the turbo...does that make sense?........ne one kno if i can buy just that......and if soo where........ne suggestions?

If the impellar wheel is mangled, the housing is likely damaged too. Best bet is a complete turbocharger.

Look over this page:
http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/turbos.htm

The '78 has a different center section (CHRA) for some reason, but I believe complete turbos will swap. If you can find a 82/83 turbocharger, it will have a better turbine housing (for quicker spool up).

The exhaust side is the turbine. The intake side is the compressor. The thing between the compressor and the carb is the plenum. Right/left depends on view, so driver's side/passenger side works better. :)

Ebay's a good source for turbochargers.

Originally posted by 78sportcoupeLTD
will ne turbo from a 78-83 buick work?

Yes the center section is the same for these years, just watch out for the 81 wastegate, it operates backwards from the rest.

Check out the Interesting items on ebay and eslewhere thread, there's a link to http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=bamabev

well this is the link too...., Now is the time to start on where you want to go with it. Since you are 15 you will not be driving for a little while. Are you working part time? You will need some gauges: Vac/Boost, Knock and oil (maybe Santa will help).
Read FC227's site and B4Black's site, there is lots of good info for you.

Jim

thank u all for ur help....my dad owns a construction business...and i go work for him alot and make money...but i think i might sell my four wheeler ....i could maybe get 2 grand for it...soo ill have sum money to work w/.........i just need to kno what i need....like engine stuff interior stuff.....just w/e.....about installing it thats no prob....my neighbor used to live in california...and he worked on GN's for a living.....pehaps someone knows him....his name is steve gooding......but yeah please help me....thank u all......

Back