You can type here any text you want

1980 turbo trans am

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dark toni

The turbo on my car has a whine when you step on it. A mechanic at the Pontiac dealership says I need a new actuator, but we can't find the part anywhere or even find a part number. Can anyone help me find the part or some info on it

You might try calling Year One at 1-800-YEAR-ONE or Performance Years Pontiac at 215-712-7400. I don't see that part in either catalog but they carry thousands of parts for 2nd Gens or they may know where you can get it. But usually when the accuator is bad you either get over boost and detonation or little boost because either the actuator is not opening the wastegate or it is prematurely opening it because of a weak spring in it and not boosting much. On th '89 TTA they whine real loud depending on the type of air breather but they are pushing 16+# of boost. On the 80 I think they produce around 6-7 pounds and the turbo is after the carb. My GN sounds like a jet plane when it spools and I love it :D

Originally posted by dark toni
The turbo on my car has a whine when you step on it. A mechanic at the Pontiac dealership says I need a new actuator, but we can't find the part anywhere or even find a part number. Can anyone help me find the part or some info on it

You should post in the "B4Black section" of this forum that is dedicated to our 301Ts. This section is primarily for the SFI intercooled models. You will receive all the tech help you need over in that section! :)

Back