You can type here any text you want

1982 turbo short block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Slick87gn

Just obtained a rebuilt 3.8 [ 25506818 ] for my '87 GN. Other than the difference in the oilpan bolt holes , will there be any problems bolting it in ? Currently driving the GN and will be utilizing the heads and intake. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

will need the oil drain drilled into the fron of the block.

and will require a grooved cam bearing.

A.j.

Block 25506818

When I went to the Turbo Regal Web site in one section [v6 ] it stated that the block was from a '82 regal.When i went to the Block photo secrtion it stated the numbers was for a '80 4.1 block.
Now I'm confused.:confused:

When I went to the Turbo Regal Web site in one section [v6 ] it stated that the block was from a '82 regal.When i went to the Block photo secrtion it stated the numbers was for a '80 4.1 block.
Now I'm confused.:confused:

measure the bore, no lies there.

A.j.

The displacement should be cast in the bottom right on the drivers side of the engine close to the flywheel. or it is on all my engine blocks anyways.

will need the oil drain drilled into the fron of the block.

and will require a grooved cam bearing.

A.j.

He is right. That is all it needs to be installed in your car. I even have an oil pan with a turbo oil return line already plumbed into it if you needed it, saves cutting the block. Or you can do what you said and just sell it. Has this engine even been running since it's rebuild?

82 block

No. never installed ... I'll probably try the for sale section in a couple days. My lost.

Back