You can type here any text you want

1983 T type code 21 ???/

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

50bucks

i looked the the decoder was only for 86/87

what does this code mean fo carbed cars

Sorry, I don't have any good pics. It's not too hard to find. It's a three-wire connector on the passenger side of the front of the carb. (NOT the M/C solenoid on the driver's side top.) It's the biggest electrical connector on the carb. The same lever the works the accelerator pump, works the TPS sensor. The sensor it's is buried inside the carb. Unplug the connector and plug it back it.

A scan tool (serach ebay for a OTC monitor) will display the TPS readout. This is an odd code to get. If someone has recently opened up the carb, it's likely they didn't get the TPS sensor back in correctly.

yae i had a buddy over andy u may know him u tryed to buy an 84 down pipe off him... came over scaned it seemed some one put it in back wards at wot i would read 0v and closed 2.50
so we pluged it back wards and was rading .73 closed and . 25 wot sucky i got a new one but i'll wait to out it before driving it again plus i'm also putting in an new O@ no readings from it

P.S. i'm selling the car
but i woudl liek to get it running tight before i sell it

Sorry about the PM box, I just cleaned it up.

Yea, we had a miscommunication. I was looking for an aftermarket downpipe, he had a stocker. Andy was at Byron last time we were racing and I'll probably see him at the Buick Club meeting on Sunday.

This thread might help with TPS readings:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43985&highlight=TPS

Too bad you're selling it. I was hoping to find another carb/turbo in the area to race with. Let me know if you need anything. I have a basement full of stuff.

if i told your the story u would be wowed i'm sure i heard about that meet this sunday i may show its my b day and miek and andy are going

p.s this thrans is dead almost any help there if i cna fix it or replace it cheap i will

In your case, I'd start looking for a used 200-4R out of a Monte Carlo SS. I've seen these go for just a couple of hundred in working condition.

I took mine to Jimmy's in Mundelein. He could do 200-4R's for under a $1000, which is a bargin IMO.

Back