You can type here any text you want

1986 buick t type no spark??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

griz_83ho

Hey guys, looking for a little more help. Have the car cranking over now but not firing at all. Pulled a plug and no spark. Where should i start? Now remember this car has sat for 7 years, and also has an older security system in it

No start - no spark, has injector pulse - Check the ignition module (also check the CCCI and ECM-IGN fuses)
No start - has spark, no injector pulse - Cam Sensor or ECM
No start - no spark or injector pulse - Crank sensor or module

Might ask some stupid questions since im newer to the turbo buick scene. But how can i check injector pulse? I know i have no spark so whats the best way to check those issues listed above? Are they a big deal to replace?

Might ask some stupid questions since im newer to the turbo buick scene. But how can i check injector pulse? I know i have no spark so whats the best way to check those issues listed above? Are they a big deal to replace?
Noid lights

put a tee on the end of the fuel rail & it will allow u to get fuel at that point so if its getting that far u will know!

I disconnected the fuel line from the fuel rail and there was nothing. If the sending unit was working it should pump out correct? Also when i first turn the key i dont hear anything kicking on.

Pump should run couple seconds when the key is turned on. Does your check engine light come on with the key?

Check all fuses?

Rick

All fuses checked good. And check engine light does come on when turning key over. Does this mean something?

You probably have a bad fuel pump or no power/ground to it. Disconnect the fuel pump at the tank (connector is accessable between tank and bumper on the drivers sideish) and take a test light or prefferable meter and check for 12v+ on the gray and ground on the black wire this is done on the connector coming from the car harness (female connector). If no power try sending 12v and ground to the pump and see if it powers on.

Dan

Ok so just checked and when i hit the connector to the pump i can hear something kick on and hear fuel moving. And then checked power from the car and its getting nothing....whats the next step to look at? Thanks alot by the way guys, learning a ton

Back