1986 GNX number 000.

Brad's car is authentic. Orginal sold to Byron Scott when he retired from Buick. In fact I know the price it was sold to Byron for (what a deal). Brad should have the entire tracking file used by the Vehicle Activities Group for this car. If I remember right 47GBC18.

AWK

DINGDINGDINGDING!!!!!

We have a winner! GREAT memory AWK. :D

DINGDINGDINGDING!!!!!

We have a winner! GREAT memory AWK. :D

Star for me! Brad, you may remember me from the GS Nationals when we had 001 and 47GBC18 together. Your car was own by Byron then. I copied the file for Byron so he could use it to Authenticate the car. And if anyone is wondering, your car is as fast as 001! Tried it a few times!

AWK

What about 46GB132?

Doug

Doug, Not sure really. The numbers are defined as

4 I think was Buick (this was a LONG time ago!)

6 is the year

G is the body

B is BUICK

1 is for a coupe "C" was pilot/or proto-type "4" is a sedan

then the rest of the number just sequence.

But, 46GB132 was owned by Buick and was a fleet car within the Vehicle Activity group. There would be a complete file on that car also, but they are some deep in archieve that I would have no idea on how to get it. Not really sure on the Legal requirement on records for that... may only be 7 years, which means they went to the recycler.

Hence, Brad's car is a 1986 VIN, made into a 87 Proto-type, and was the 18th in the sequence (this doesn't say there was 18 GNX proto-types, as other G bodys where used for other programs. The first GNX proto-type number I can recal was 47GBC11. All the parts on this car were hand made bascially) Brad's car was used as a Show car for Buick.

Star for me! Brad, you may remember me from the GS Nationals when we had 001 and 47GBC18 together. Your car was own by Byron then. I copied the file for Byron so he could use it to Authenticate the car. And if anyone is wondering, your car is as fast as 001! Tried it a few times!

AWK

That was a LONG time ago, 1998 to be exact. The year of the monsoon rains. I met Mr. Scott under the Buick tent and he and I had a great conversation. He is a very nice gentleman.

It is also where I pressed my business card in his hand and told him if he ever decided to sell, to call me first. I explained how the car would be cared for and displayed. Evidently I made at least some kind of impression upon him as he called me about 6 months later and the rest is history!

Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate them.

Brad

That was a LONG time ago, 1998 to be exact. The year of the monsoon rains. I met Mr. Scott under the Buick tent and he and I had a great conversation. He is a very nice gentleman.

It is also where I pressed my business card in his hand and told him if he ever decided to sell, to call me first. I explained how the car would be cared for and displayed. Evidently I made at least some kind of impression upon him as he called me about 6 months later and the rest is history!

Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate them.

Brad

I remember that well, including all the bails of hay. I remember telling Byron that the GS National Event was not the place to say the car could be sold at a price! Because it would! Well, at least we know it has a good home. You may know what he paid for the car... But then again, maybe you don't want to know!

AWK

Ahh yes, the infamous bales of hay. Who could forget!

No, Scottie never told me how much he paid and you're right; I don't want to know! I'm sure it was a heck of a deal, but I feel I got a heck of a deal too. :biggrin:

I was there for that...but did not Know Brad then...how much were those bails of Hay..I remember driving down the track making loops to try and dry it out....

Awesome stuff guy's!! My 1st GS nationals was in '86 & I remember going nuts over Brad's prototype GSX and his dad's black GSX. Brad & his father have been curators of some unbelievable Buick history over the years.

Brad, is your GNX prototype the same one that Mike Doble had in BG back then with the broken shifter cable?

Awesome stuff guy's!! My 1st GS nationals was in '86 & I remember going nuts over Brad's prototype GSX and his dad's black GSX. Brad & his father have been curators of some unbelievable Buick history over the years.

Brad, is your GNX prototype the same one that Mike Doble had in BG back then with the broken shifter cable?

Thanks for the kind words Bob. I really appreciate them. I'm just trying to do my part in Buick history by keeping them as nice as possible for future generations.

As far as a broken shifter cable, I really don't know but don't think so. Out of the several GNX Prototypes made, mine was I believe the last. Buick needed a car for display purposes and made the one I have. It was never really beat on, that I know of, like some of the others and mainly used for photos and display purposes.

True, your car was pretty much pampered. Turn tables and photo shoots. It was tracked manily by a guy named Doug Merrill who had control of most all disply cars. Not saying that when the oppurtunity was given that we would line it up against other cars... at that time it's destiny was the scrapper.